Nice morning .....

29th December 2020 (Tuesday)     07.00 .... There has been some rain/sleet


overnight and there is a light frost coming in with dawn.  With only a light wind there’s little wind chill.... it’s going to be a bonnie day.    I’m settling down to this ‘lockdown’ routine and looking forward to going out on the bike..... after the frost lifts.    Actually I’d better charge the bike battery.... it's been  a few days since I've been out on it.

09.30     We have snow all around us (locally on Largo Law and Balcarres), all over the West of Fife, the Pentlands (Edinburg) and along the Lammermuirs.    It all looks very wintry.   I saw all this on my way back from Anstruther;  I’d been at ‘The Store’.    I swithered a bit before making my mind up to g to Anstruther, thinking the shop might be busy but it was practically empty.   The bike battery is fully charged so I should get out after the temperature gets up a bit;   though it’s unlikely it will ever be warm.

Chapel Green.

22.00    I had a nice run up to Kinneuchar, then to Elie and Chapel Green in the middle of the day;  the air was chilly, but my lugs were cosy.....a  new woolly hat Christmas present, from Kirsty of ‘Kirsty’s Needles’ sorted out that problem.    The roads were fairly busy as were the villages.   I like to see folk out walking;  enjoying the scenery and our villages ....it’s a healthy pursuit at the present time, with everyone one I met social distancing.... and staying in their own ‘group’.

As far as I can make out, tomorrow is going to be another sunny day....but slightly colder

Kinneuchar kirk window.

than it was today.   I’m back to ‘normal’ after Christmas, my ‘normal’ i.e. so I should get the bike out to go for the paper.... in the middle of the morning.   Got to give the sun a chance to warm the air up a little bit.   I have no special plan for tomorrow;   I have loads of ‘projects’ at different stages of progress, and just do whichever one I’m in the mood for at the time.   Gardening is one of the ‘projects’ .... not a popular one at this time of year.

  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....