Much wetness ....

11th December 2020 (Friday)     07.30 ....There’s been a lot of rain


overnight and it’s raining heavily just now, but the rain should slacken off by mid morning..... and I’m hoping for at least one ‘sunny spell’ after lunch.   Even a short one would do.   The only thing that can really counteract dreichness is .... a ‘line up’ of cuppas.

10.30    The rain has stopped, there are ‘bloo’ bits in the sky, the bin has been emptied and  the ‘girls’ are golfing.   ‘All’ is as it should be at Elie and Earlsferry.   I’ve organised everything in the kitchen for the second batch of Cottage Pies, ... tautties and vegetables peeled etc.   I’m having a cuppa before getting the bike out and going for the paper.  The roads are wet but I can avoid the puddles.   Must ‘go’.... “slight flap on”.   I’ll do the Cottage Pies when I get back.

19.00    We had a lovely day.... and your truly (that’s me) took time off to enjoy it by taking a turn round the villages on the bike.    I met Myra in ’arbour ‘ouse (thanks for the coffee Myra) and Christine and Ronnie (out walking their dog) at Chapel Green.   Although it wasn’t a huge tide today (5.1 metres), with the wind and swell coming in from the Southeast, the water was well up onto the beach.    There’s a 5.9. tide on Tuesday (14.48);   if the wind remains from the Southeast we could have an interesting hour or so. 


21.00     I’ve had a good day and I am tired now.... and well ready for bed.   Growing old is easy.... it’s adjusting to the ‘new’ limits of what you can do that’s tricky.   I daresay I’ll get the hang of it.

Tomorrow looks like being a computer day if the weather forecast is correct;  there’s a good that it could be wet.  It was a lovely starry night earlier; I could see the Great Bear and the Pole star nae bother.... and the Pole star is not one of the brightest stars in the sky.  The sky has clouded over in the past hour with the night sky now looking like a blank TV screen.   I’m thinking an early night in bed with my book is the best Idea;   but I’ll have a browse through TV channels to see if there is anything I fancy watching.




 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....