Hmmmmm .... a damp morrrrrrrrrrning ....

 

8th December 2020 (Tuesday)      10.30 .... we’ve had a lot of rain overnight

Overcast but dry.... and bonnie in a different way.

and, though its not raining just now,  another band of rain is due to come our way:  right now we have some ‘bloo’ bits in the sky.

I’ve been to ‘The Store’ (Ainster)  for a few supplies;  I didn’t need very much but I wanted to top up my ‘emergency rations’  for the Festive Season.   I think the East Neuk is going to be extremely bust over Christmas (and probably into New Year).   On the way back went to the Pittenweem Braes  Car Park, but a lot of it has been taken over as the operational site  for the workmen renovating the outdoor pool.     I’d be inclined to renovate all the old outdoor pools (including The Step rock if possible);   they are probably healthier places than the indoor pools anyway....and they have a low carbon footprint.    Unfortunately they are colder.

16.00     I had occasion to come down Ferry Road in the car this afternoon (too wet for the bike today), and was really pleasantly surprised to find, that two of the bad pothole areas have been patched;  not just the holes filled in, but cut out to make one bigger patch that takes in a (small) nest o’ potholes!  I like to think that the pothole team does


get ‘job satisfaction’ after all.    Perhaps this was a different ‘team’, because the ‘patching’ has been done with different material.

It has a fairly drab kind of day, but I did get out a couple of time after I got back from the Store’;  to the beach and the harbour (for the second time).    I like harbours!

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....