Feeling perky ....

30th December 2020 (Wednesday)     08.00 .... There’s exactly seven hours

Setting full moon.

between sunrise and sunset today (08.44 - 15.44);   is that not an interesting bit of information.    No?   You’re probably right    Anyway, that fact aside;  we have a lovely start to the day.... with a touch of early frost and a clear sky.    The forecast for KY9 is, ‘sunny with a light breeze’ so let’s enjoy our seven hours of daylight.

10.30     It’s a lovely day but definitely cold.    It’s only 1c on the garden thermometer;  I’ll have another cuppa before thinking of getting the bike out.   In fact I’ll leave any biking until midday.

I went to the beach at sunrise time.... there’s always something magical about seeing the sun come up.   A young couple out walking the dogs found a baby seal at the top of the Cockstail rocks;  it is not the best place to be, because there’s a lot of dogs around that could disturb it.   The lassie was in contact with someone to see if there was anything could be done to protect it.    I’ll have a wander down after this cuppa to see how it’s getting on.

Look closely and you can see Susan swimming!

22.00    The garden thermometer didn’t quite reach 2c today;  so it has been cold.     I went to the beach in the middle of the afternoon (it was too cold for the bike) but didn’t actually go onto the beach.    It was high tide,  with no sign of the baby seal.    Susan and Alistair (from ‘Glenyra’) were going to the beach so I wandered down with them.   Susan went in for her daily swim.... my word I felt cold.   Carolyn came along so I chatted to her for a wee while, before walking along to the seat at St Margaret’s and taking a few photos.    The beach was surprisingly busy.

It is raining just now;   the forecast is for overnight sleet/snow, so I imagine Balcarres will be white in the morning.   I must go for a paper tomorrow though I doubt it will be on the bike.   This has been a lazy period for me.... the  Christmas festive season has

This afternoon.

always been... er .. ‘restful’.   No ‘plan’ for tomorrow other than go for a paper... and have a run down to the harbour.    If the weather is amenable I’ll bumble down to the beach.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....