Bright and breezy ....

 

17th December 2020 (Thursday)     10.00 .... It’s a lovely morning but there


are a few showers around;   they have missed so far, which is good ‘cos I have awe washing on the line!    There was a beautiful “Red sky in the morning .... “ sunrise, so I assume it will be raining tomorrow.   That’s why I did the washing this morning.    
I am going to Leven to the hairdressers in the afternoon so I won’t be biking up to Kinneuchar until the weekend now.

21.00    I am now sporting a classic ‘short back and sides’ haircut;  this is in case there’s another wave of COVID-19 in January.    Leven High Street was busy today, with most folks wearing masks and observing the two metres ‘rool’, so I didn’t feel threatened.   Although it was good seeing the High Street looking almost ‘normal’,  I didn’t go and have coffee in any of the Coffee Shops.   The only shops I went into were Superdrug and Bayne’s The Baker.    Leven was a successful mission... I just wish I could visit Jim, as was the norm when I went to Leven before all this happened.


Back home I made four chicken ready meals for the freezer;  I am now totally stocked up for the Festive season.   I was thinking that I could make my own mini Soo’s lugs, if I remember to buy icing sugar.

The wee washing I had out, was surprisingly dry when I got back from Leven;   but ‘Blob’ (BHFB) was waiting for his afternoon snack.   He had the neglected look that Blob’s and dogs can put on at the appropriate times.

There’s a parcel being delivered tomorrow so I’ll have to go for my paper early then work around Ivy until the delivery is made.   Looking at the weather forecast it appears that the early morning is going to be the best part of the day;   I might get the bike out.    Light rain is mentioned for after midday.... but it is going to be unseasonably warm for the time of year apparently.

I’ve had a busy day.... even slightly hectic by my standards.    However tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’.... pottering about with the book shelves.   The shortest day is on the 21st December;  Spring is just round the corner.  

I’ve been looking at the Staedtler pencils I bought;   I wish I’d bought two packets,


because there will be a tariff on them after the 31st December!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....