Christmas Day ....

25th December 2020 (Friday)    10.30 ..... “Merry Christmas” everybody....

It was awesome.

and ,my word, what a beautiful sunrise sky we had this morning:   it’s a good job that I’m typing ‘cos I am speechless.    The sky was awesome.   The sky has clouded over since sunrise but it’s still a nice day.    Enjoy your Christmas Day .... I need another cuppa (third ... or is it fourth?) to get my speaking gear operational.    

16.00     This has been a hectic day for the ‘boy’.... an enjoyable, hectic day I must add.    After I browsed most of the sunrise photos I had a cuppa then went down to photograph the local swimmers having their Christmas morning swim.    A lot of groups turned up.... swimmers and their supporters;  it was great seeing this activity happening at Elie and Earlsferry.    It was a joyous occasion, enjoyed by swimmers and spectators..... and the family groups social distanced;  though I doubt if any virus could have survived in the fresh air.   I have yet to browse the photos I got at the swimming session.

The southwestern sky just after sunrise.

When I got back to Ivy Michael had phoned to tell me that a Zoom meeting had been set up so I made myself a cuppa and settled down in front of the computer.    Another meeting has been scheduled for around 17.00 this evening;   Emily and John (in Somerset) will be available for this meeting.    This is the first time I have experienced Zoom and it works well.

After the Zoom meeting (morning) I organised my Christmas lunch.... and sat down to enjoy it at 13.30.    I was well ready for food by now.    The hardest thing a singleton has to do at a Christmas Lunch? .... pull the cracker.   The wee joke is a bit of a flop... ‘cos you have to ask yourself the question then give the answer.    I actually enjoyed myself .... paper hat....the works.   No0w I am ‘stuffed’ and ready have ‘50’.    I sat down to watch HM but fell asleep and missed her.    I’ll see it all on the News Channel.

I’m contemplating downloading the swimming photos from the camera so that I can browse them..... after I concoct one of my especial coffee’s.

19.00    We had our other Zoom Meeting at 17.00, this time with everybody on it;   it was


‘busy’ but this made it more of a party.   It was great seeing and speaking to everybody.... no doubt about it Zoom is a good way to ‘meet’ folks at times like this.    I have enjoyed Christmas Day.

KY9 is going to have ‘strong winds and heavy rain’ tomorrow, so the Boy is going to have a rest day.    I am tired tonight and will be in my bed early with my book.   Tomorrow I will sort out my presents and just have a quiet day in Ivy.    I very much doubt if I will go further than the beach if I do go out.... the  rain and strongest wind is forecast for the afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....