Cold Northeast wind.....

23rd December 2020 (Wednesday)      09.00 ....the sky is  overcast ....

This afternoon.

there’s a cold, brisk breeze from the Northeast, so it’s a wrap up well morning.   I’ve been for the paper and down to the harbour, then came home by way of Balbuthie and Kinneuchar to warm the car up... now I am ready to do something.     ‘Something’ will be inside Ivy:  I won’t be getting the bike out.... not until the air warms up a bit.    Tomorrow is going to be a better day for biking.

19.00     The day ended with a red sky after what had been a mostly overcast and cold day.    But it was dry.   I have a small washing in the machine which I’ll do tonight ready to hang out first thing.    I’m feeling excited.   The bike will come out tomorrow though I doubt if I’ll go far on Christmas Eve.... the road will be busy.    Actually when I think about, the roads should be quiet as everyone is being advised to ‘stay local’.

Links Road - Earlsferry.

Shona came down with a card and gift;  it was good to catch up with the  Barnyards/Kinneuchar news.    Kinneuchar is quiet with not much happening.   Thank goodness the year 2020 is coming to a close;   I imagine that, by the middle of next year, we should be able to act almost normally.   

I took time out this afternoon to have a walk up to the Pony Field and golf course.   The sun was trying hard to break through but only made it at sunset time. ... and gave us the red sky.

21.00    I finished the book, written by Adrian Hayter, a New Zealander sailing home, from


Lymington (Devon, England) to Nelson (New Zealand);  he didn’t actually land in Nelson having ran out of food, so he set foot on his homeland at Westport on the west coast of South Island 216.5 kilometres (134.5 miles) from Nelson his home town.    I had hoped to have him describe going into Nelson harbour and passing Fifeshire rock on the way in, instead his brother, and a friend drove over to Westport and took him home by car, then they went back a week later to sail ‘Sheila’ home to Nelson.   It was an enjoyable read.

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....