Bonnie pre sunrise sky ....

13th December 2020 (Sunday)   11.00 .... there was a, “red sky in the


morrrrning, shepherd’s warning” pre- sunrise sky at dawn;   really gorgeous with a hint of ominous about it.    Loved it.    Trigger (Spaniel) was on the beach taking Tom out for his morning exercise (it might have been the other way round);  they go out to the lighthouse and Lady’s Tower.   The Lady’s Tower would have been a good place to catch the sunrise this morning.    I didn’t go out on the bike because I saw that we were going to have an interesting sky and that the tide was out;  a good combination for sunrise time pictures.

I’m going to have a coffee then set up the computer to take in the service from Kinneuchar kirk at 11.00.   Enjoy your day:  having said that, by the look of the sky,  rain isn’t far away.

12.00    I enjoyed the ‘live’ service from Kinneuchar;   funnily enough you get the feeling of being ‘in the kirk’, and I have the bonus of not having to worry about anyone hearing me sing.   


The rain arrived in ‘Royal’ airspace just before 11.30 and it’s raining steadily now though not overly heavy:  Not by Scottish standards anyway.     Slight ‘flap on’;  I’m feeling peckish,  so I’d better have something to eat before making shortbread biscuits.  

19.00     It’s hard to imagine, after the kind of weather we’ve had today, that anyone could have enjoyed themselves;   but I did.   It can be hard to get motivated on a day such as today.... and I didn’t do very much, but one of the things that I did do was a major success;  the shortbread biscuits.   I still tend to over-bake them because I’m not sure of the oven temperatures .... but now that I know what I’m doing, the next batch should be ‘perfick’.    I’m a ‘happy’ boy.

Over the past year or so I have been getting  phone calls  from a lady in Canada,

who has my phone  number mixed up with her daughter’s phone number (in Cellardyke, but not in the phone book).   The numbers are similar.   Anyway tonight I finally unscrambled the numbers and got through to Cellardyke.   I’ll miss talking to my friend in Ottawa!   It’s all ‘go’ on Planet Alberto.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....