Breezy ....

16th December 2020 (Wednesday)      07.00 .... Heavy rain and  a fresh


breeze from the southeast is the forecast for KY9 today.   It isn’t raining just now though there is a fresh breeze;  but it isn’t as cold as you’d expect it to be in December.    It looks like being a computer/ ‘ousework/ day for me.  I’ll go for the paper later in the morning.

09.00    The rain started as I was going out of Elie (I’ve been to ‘The Store’) and its heavy now, but should begin to slacken off around lunchtime.   I noticed some lighter patches in the sky so we  just might end up with a reasonable evening.   By that time it will be dark.

‘The Store’ was quiet this morning;  I bought everything on the list plus a few extras.   One of the extras was a packet of six Staedtler pencils.  I have loads of pencils, ordinary ones and artists ones, so didn’t really need to buy pencils but ..... they were there and Staedtler are good pencils.  The weather isn’t ‘iggzactly’ of the motivating kind this morrrrning, but I’m a happy bunny. ... and it’s breakfast time.


16.30    A letter from ‘Coast Health’(our surgery) arrived this morning, asking me to make an appointment to have a review of my blood pressure.   It’s an annual thing.   I was surprised to find that the letter came from Radstock, Bath.   I wonder if the folks from Bath get their notifications from Inverness.

I took the car up to Colinsburgh to fill ‘her’ up with fuel.... and to deliver the Colinsburgh Christmas cards.    I came home by way of Elie to get my paper(s);   I met Myra so we wandered along to harbour ‘ouse to buy a ‘carry out’ morning coffee.   On the way back to our vehicles we met Geoff.... and I later met Dod, on my way down to the harbour to have my coffee.

18.30    This morning I got out of bed at my normal time... 05.30 .... and I feel better for

Would this be a "Red sky at night"?

it.    I have been waking up at 05.30 but ‘turning over’ then getting ‘up’ at 07.00.   It will be the shortest day (or longest night) in another 4 days so I’m getting organised for next Spring and a nice warm sunny Summer.    The ‘plan’ is to bike up to Kinneuchar tomorrow .... it’s going to be a “sunny intervals with a moderate breeze from the Southwest” day.    Must ‘go’ ... ever so slight flap on... I forgot to switch the kettle ‘on’.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....