A wild night ....

5th December 2020 (Saturday)      07.30 .... we had a wild night with

'This morning' from the harbour.

thunder and lightning, heavy rain and a strong wind at 02.00.    It has all calmed down now, but everything is wet and it’s still raining, but only lightly.    The forecast is for the rain to move away and the cloud to break to give us a few sunny spells around midday.   The nearest lightning strikes were in Largo Bay and Methil.   

10.00    I had a quick run to Ainster to post a letter (it needed to be weighed);  the intention was to take a few photos around the harbour but it was raining,   On the way home I went to Elie harbour and took a few from there instead;   it was still raining but I found a sheltered spot.    The sky is beginning to clear so I should get the bike out, even if it’s only up to Chapel Green, after lunch.

20.30    I didn’t get out on the bike but I did have a walk to the beach in the afternoon.... in between the showers.    The showers had been coming at regular intervals (short intervals) until about 13.00 when things began to improve.    We have a starry sky now and tomorrow is going to be much brighter;  ‘sunny intervals and light winds’;  not windy enough to totally dry a washing perhaps, but  there’s a small washing in the machine, which I will do tonight so that it’s ready to hang out first thing in the morning, to take advantage of whatever drying wind there is..


Tom and Natalie (and family) have started to move into ‘Airlie’ (Janis’ house) so that is good news.    I got to know them (and a lot of other folks during the ‘Clap for Carers’ few weeks).   Tom and Natalie's son, Felix, is the piper that ‘led’ the ‘clap for Carers’ in the Ferry ....Felix was joined by his friend Hamish after a couple of weeks.   I am feeling happier again;  and I still say “Goodnight” to  Janice when I go to bed, so everything is getting back to normal on Planet Alberto.   ‘Planet Albert’ normal that is..... which is not necessarily ‘normal’ normal.   

Tomorrow’s ‘plan’ involves going out on the bike at some point;  probably to go for the


paper, later in the morning, if the weather is as forecast.    Today I have been pottering around Ivy.... writing cards mostly, with an occasional sortie towards the book shelves.    I want the bookshelves finished before Christmas.   Christmas Day will be spent Skyping all over the place:  it won’t be a normal Christmas this year, but I am looking forward to the whole festive season.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....