Snow ....

31st December 2020 (Thursday)     07.00 ....We have a dusting of snow and

The last sunrise of 2020 - from Elie harbour.

a touch of frost this morning;   Balcarres and the higher ground will be white.    I’ll have a wander up to the ‘Pony Field’ once the sun gets up.    The pavements will be hazardous until the frost lifts, especially in the shade, but it should be fine on the road.    Luckily there’s isn’t enough snow to make a mess when it melts.

09.30    It’s raining and the snow, such as it was, is rapidly disappearing; the frost has lifted;  I have been for the paper and down to the harbour and I’m now back in Ivy with the kettle ‘on’.    It’s not a good hair day!    Orf to make my morrrrning coffee!    I think the afternoon might be brighter.... with showers.

22.30    I have just enjoyed an hour long trip down memory lane  on BBC Alba;   excerpts from all the old (proper) Hogmanay TV programmes.... from 1957 onwards:   Jimmy Shand, Bobby MacLeod, Calum Kennedy, Run Rig, Rev I.M. Jolly (Rikki Fulton), Anne Lorne Gillies... aw the ‘auld yins’.    My word I enjoyed that..... Maggie and I loved the auld Hogmanay TV programmes.  I fact, once they ‘Britainized’ (or internationalized) Hogmanay, we used to watch the old Hogmanay programmes that we’d taped rather than the modern  Hogmanay.  Hey this keyboard seems to be misspelling a lot of words... I see a lot of red underlining and I’m having to do a lot of corrections.     I had a Zoom meeting at 21.30 with ‘The Troops’, during which time I had  (to celebrate the soon to be New Year) a couple of ... er ... Tamnavulin (I fancied Speyside) so I should have a good night’s sleep tonight.   I might move to Islay for my nightcap. 

The last sunset of 2020 from The Ferry beach.

We have a good forecast for tomorrow;  “Sunny intervals and a gentle breeze”  and it should be slightly warmer than it was today, so, I’ll get up and along for the paper early.

Well dear reader.... thankfully the year 2020 is closing; and ....  with the vaccine roll out gathering pace it is closing on  a hopeful note, but it will go down in history as the year the human race had to ‘stop and take stock’.    People had to think about their ‘normal’ routine .... and had to change it.   Most of them did change;   but every country had their selfish ones who think they are ‘above the rules’.    The ‘Leadership’ in some of the countries left much to be desired (the USA springs to mind) .... without doubt female leaders showed how it ought to be done, with compassion;  not the ‘gung ho’ leadership shown by most male leaders.... and that includes the UK’s PM (Boris Johnston).

I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New year:  I love you all,....  and where I live!   Take care and let’s enjoy 2021. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....