Squally showers .....

 

4th December 2020 (Friday)    07.30 .....I’d been thinking about cleaning the


windows, however that job was taken care of by one heavy sleet /hail shower, early this morning;   all I need to do now are the insides.    We might get a few blinks of sunshine first thing, but the forecast is for us to be ‘wet and windy (from the ENE) for most of the day.   It will be a good day for writing Christmas cards.

10.15    What’s ‘appening doon at the arbour?     Not much actually..... I was the only one there!  The reason that I go to the harbour every morning, apart from the fact that I like harbours is, that no matter what direction the weather is coming from there’s always sheltered corner.    It is a grey morning mostly (and wet when the squalls come over) but there’s an interesting sky:  however I’d say that it really is good day for writing Christmas cards.


15.30    It has been day for doing bookshelves and writing cards..... having been wet and wind most of the time.   Working of the bookshelves is an interesting job;  the time passes quickly, most of it when I stop to browse a book.   The only time that I’ve been out today was in the morning when I went for the paper;  but, because of the weather,  the papers hadn’t been delivered at that time, so I never did get a paper.

 


19.00    It hasn’t been the kind of day for frolicking aboot outside;  so I frolicked aboot inside.    Another corner of the books shelves has been cleaned and a few more cards written, but generally it has been a quiet day.   ‘Light rain showers and a moderate breeze’ is our forecast for tomorrow.... and we should have a few sunny spells.   I might take the car up to Balcarres and have a walk down the Den .... assuming the showers are ‘light’ .... and infrequent.

Tomorrow I am going to bake another batch of shortbread and I shall roll it out thinner

Largo Law with a covering of snow.

and make the biscuits smaller;  that way I should end up with 20 or so biscuits.... i.e. 15 more than I got yesterday.   Mind you .... yesterday’s biscuits are ‘big’!.... and tasty.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....