Winter solstice ....

21st December 2020 (Monday)     08.00 .... This is the shortest day (winter


solstice).... Spring is just round the corner, nights will begin to lengthen and snowdrops will soon cheer us up; it’s a lovely morning.    I’m going to get the bike out and head for the harbour.  

11.00    You will all be glad to know that everything is where it should be down at the harbour;  mind you it wasn’t ‘iggzactly’  warm.     There was never going to be a visible sunrise, because of cloud on the horizon, but we had a bonnie sky.  I’ve put the bike on charge, anticipating going out after lunch, but that will depend on what I am doing .... and what the weather is doing.   It’s coffee time.

15.30     My word I have had an exciting day;  but let’s start at the beginning.    First off I put the bike on charge and now have a fully charged bike for tomorrow.   I then did a wee bit of ‘ousework and thought about going up to Balcarres in the car... then I remembered that I’d a parcel (Boots) being delivered today so had to stay in.   Then the doorbell rang:  it was David from the Deli delivering a Christmas present .... a beautifully wrapped Christmas present .... and I forgot to take a photo of it.   All things that  that Maggie would have had in for Christmas were in the present.... all things that I’d forgotten about.   There was chilled foodstuffs in parcel,  so I had to unwrap it.   I’d


just finished sorting it all out when the doorbell rang again;  it was Eleanor delivering the annual present from the Drop in Cafe.   And... the other day one of my neighbours handed in a selection of Christmas goodies:  this bunny is going to be one well fed bunny over the Festive season.   I have always said .... “ you can live alone in Elie and Earlsferry but not feel lonely”;  thanks to the kindness of lovely friends and neighbours.  This will be my first Christmas in Ivy since Maggie died;  and I am actually looking forward to it.    Zoom has been installed on the computer (Skype has been in for a long time) so I am looking forward to a busy day.   I think I’ll have another coffee.   Oops there’s the doorbell.   That was Kirsty with a card (and a present) .... and it’s raining.  
Oh .... and the Boots parcel was delivered by the ‘postie’.   My BP is 149/85. 

19.00    Having seen the weather forecast for tomorrow ... ‘sunny with a gentle breeze’....


 I intend going out on the bike;   once the sun gets up a bit, because it is going to be cold.    I don’t know where I’ll go but I’m thinking Colinsburgh;  if it isn’t too cold.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....