Lovely morrrrrrrrrrning ....

 

7th December 2020 (Monday)       10.00 ....It’s a braw, peaceful kind of


morrrrrning and you will all be pleased to know that everything is where it should be at the harbour;   and I remembered to stop and pick up my paper!   The ‘Master Plan’ for today?....I want to do a wee bit in the garden (it’s the ‘broon’ bucket this week), post some Christmas cards, make some shortbread biscuits... and have a  run out on the bike.   I feel tired already:  I’d better have another cuppa.     Enjoy your day.

14.00    It looks like I won’t be going out on the bike .... the sky has clouded over and the air has turned raw.    I’ve done the bit I wanted done in the garden (the ‘broon’ bucket is full) so I’m happy.   It doesn’t take much to make me happy.    I haven’t made the shortbread yet but that can be done any day before Christmas.

Lexie came round delivering Christmas cards (and a woolly hat to be worn under the cycle helmet) so I caught up with the news from Woodside Road.   I’ve had lunch, now I feel in the need of ‘50’ before posting the Christmas cards.


19.00    I had a daunder up the High Street to the post box at sunset time.... so a different set of ‘sunset time’ photographs tonight.   It was a beautiful sunset (I didn’t actually catch the sun going down) and the sky was gorgeous.    There was a warm glow all around, (though it wisnae ‘iggzactly’ warm) .... so I had a pleasurable walk onto the golf course, to come home by way of the fourth fairway.

When I was in ‘thinking aboot things’ mode this morrrrning I got round to thinking just how soul destroying the job of filling the potholes around Fife must be.   What I mean is:   the pothole team has no need to do any thinking, or make any decisions.   The potholes are marked, by someone wielding a spray tin of yellow paint;  all they, the pothole team, has to do is fill in the marked potholes..... and only the ones marked by the pothole marker.   Presumably the pothole marker is higher up in the scale of things.   Anyway there is a perfect example of what I’m on about in Ferry Road.   The pothole marker had marked one hole leaving one unmarked about 18 inches from the other one.   Yep the pothole filling team did their job properly only filling in the marked pothole.   Full marks to the pothole filling team:  but it must be heartbreaking for them.   Absolutely zero job satisfaction.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....