Frosty .....

28th December 2020 (Monday)     08.00 ... We have a frosty morning but


no 
sign of snow here though there is a touch of snow on Benarty hill (in the West of Fife).... but it is cold.   Luckily there’s only a light breeze so the wind chill factor is low.    I’ll have a daunder to, and along the beach for sunrise (08.45);   the  actual sunrise might not be visible, due to low cloud on the horizon .... but I like to see the sky brighten at the beginning of a new day.

12.30    I had a pleasant walk on the beach;  in fact I had two as I went down half an hour after sunrise time to get the clouds.     The top part of the beach was easy to walk....it was frozen solid;  that’s usually the worst bit because of the soft sand.     Sunrise was never going to be visible because of a cloud bank to along the ‘sooth side’, but we had a beautiful sky nonetheless:  in fact we had a colourful sky over Earlsferry.... not where you’d expect a colourful sky at sunrise time.    I enjoyed my walks ....even though it was frosty I didn’t feel cold:   probably because I was enjoying myself.    I spoke to Tom setting off on his morning jog with Trigger.


16.00    I’m quite into the ‘holiday spirit’;   other than a wee bit ‘ooverin’ and tidying up, I haven’t done any ‘work’ today.   And I never went out on the bike.   I settled down in front of the Tele with a puzzle book .... and to watch ‘Frozen Planet’ but fell fast asleep.    Now I’m ready to go out to play..... but the sun has set and it’s starting to get dark.   It’s also spitting rain (or something):  I think I should fire up the kettle, then settle down with a book for the evening.   ‘Blob’ has had his evening snack so he will be settling down for the night.

With the country being in Tier 4 it’s going to be different having the villages to ourselves this New Year.   I am actually looking forward to biking around the villages during the day.... weather permitting.    The weather forecast is mixed (mostly always cold regardless of what else we get) so there should be some quieter spells of weather.

22.00     This has been another quiet day for me but I feel that Christmas is behind us,


and I should be back to my ‘modern normal’ tomorrow.    Hopefully, the COVID crisis will be brought under control in the New Year  .... and we will really have something to celebrate next Hogmanay.   Fingers crossed and all that.   

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....