Bright and breezy ....

 19th December 2020 (Saturday)     10.30 .... we have a nice, bright and


breezy start to the day though there could be a few light showers  in the morning;  the afternoon suppose to be sunny with a brisk wind.   It would be warm if it wasn’t for the wind chill factor.

I enjoyed a walk along the beach at sunrise;  the actual sunrise event was hidden behind low clouds, but there was a bonnie sky and a big beach.    The ‘plan’ is to get the bike out about midday and go to Kinneuchar.  


19.30    I had a most enjoyable bike run up to Kinneuchar  but I didn’t spend much time up in the village, as there was a big shower cloud over towards Leven.   It never did reach us.... or, more accurately, it missed us, so I could have spent a bit more time, with the camera, in Kinneuchar and Barnyards.... which was my original intention.   I did think of coming home via the Elie Estate road but the lad who lives in the North Lodge said the road was really muddy in parts so I didn’t go into the estate... choosing to come home and feed Blob’.    He was waiting for his midday snack.

Balcarres House.

I see on the TV News that the Government has really tightened up the rules regarding travelling and visiting over Christmas, because of the new variant of the virus, which is prevalent in the London area... and has already been identified in Scotland.    Funnily enough my initial feeling was; ‘at last they are doing something to prevent the spread of the virus over Christmas’.    The result of the new rules means that Elie and Earlsferry, and the East Neuk, should be much quieter over the Festive Season than had been anticipated, simply because people can’t travel.... or it won’t be worth travelling for one day (there’s ban on travel to the rest of the UK over the Festive period).    I do feel ‘safer’, because people won’t be moving the virus around the UK.   

21.30    I am now sure what the ‘plan’ is for tomorrow;   the weather looks like being


‘more of what we had today’ so that’s not too bad.     I might get out on the bike, in between showers.   Right now it’s bedtime with my book:   I’m sailing from London to Nelson (New Zealand).

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....