Windy ....

 

11th September 2020 (Friday)     06.30 .... It’s overcast, breezy and not


‘iggzactly’ warm, but at least it’s dry at the moment, so I’ll bike along for the paper after this update.   The forecast is ‘not a good drying day’ so I’ll leave the washing until tomorrow.    The thing is ..... I’m feeling ‘bright eyed and bushy tailed’ ,but it’s not a morning for having an ‘adventure’;  it’s more like a computer kind of morning.

07.30    I’ve been for the paper (in the car) and I am now settling down in front of the computer, with a cuppa.    The bike will probably never leave the Hutte until later today;   ‘strong winds and rain’ being the forecast for the morning then brightening up in the afternoon.

19.00    I managed to get out on the bike a couple of times today;  the first time was a short run up to Chapel Green and the second late in the afternoon up to Kinneuchar.    The weather was as per overcast, then overcast and wet, then sunny with shower clouds.    It was breezy when I went to Kinneuchar, and the main road was busy so I came home by way of the estate... out of the wind and the traffic.


Stage 13 of ‘The Tour’ was real hard work;  the finish being on the summit of a mountain, after a 15 kilometre long climb;  a climb of varying steepness with the last two kilometres being the steepest.    It was another first time winner today ....Daniel Martinez, a Colombian.   Once again I should sleep well.



21.00    I’ve had a tiring day.... but enjoyable.    Tomorrow is forecast to be ‘a good drying day’ so I have a washing ready to switch on first thing.;  and  I might go up to


Balcarres if it isn’t too windy.... and the roads don’t look too busy.   I must clean Ivy windows... and finish the nameplate for the front gate.   The temporary one I made has perished;   hardly surprising as it’s been up nigh on a whole year.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....