Cruise ship? .... ....

 

3rd September 2020 (Thursday)     06.30 .... The forecast is ‘good’ (Sunny

Cruise ship 'Rotterdam'.

spells) for our area later today, but just now the sky is overcast and we have light ‘Scotch Mist;   I’ll go for the paper in mid morning, by then the sun should have broken through.

09.00    We have a bonnie morning now and I have been to the beach for a short daunder;  it’s a nice morning for the beach  and it was fairly busy.    I was surprised to see a cruise ship (the ‘Rotterdam’) coming into the Firth making for Rosyth.    It is in the process of changing ownership having been sold to Fred Olsen, by Holland/America, and is going to be renamed ‘Borealis’.

16.30    It has been a bonnie afternoon albeit breezy (F4-5).    I went up to Chapel Green and along to the Toft on the bike, and found the wind stronger than I anticipated ....which is why I didn’t go to the harbour:   that, and the fact that the road past ‘The Ship’ would be too busy.


Stage 6 of ‘le Tour was much more exciting.... then again every stage will be more exciting than yesterday’s was.   It was won by one of  8 combatants who broke away from the peloton early.  

I was toying with going out on the bike again but the has freshened if anything, so that idea has been shelved.     I’ll have a walk to the beach in the evening.


21.00   The news that COVID-19 is on the increase is worrisome (for my age group), but not surprising.    So far we, in Elie and Earlsferry (and the East Neuk in general) have been living in our own ‘bubble’;  long may that continue.   I can’t help but think that this winter is going to be a long one.  

I see on ‘Marine Traffic’ that ‘Rotterdam’ is anchored off Kirkcaldy;   her eventual

The Toft - Elie.

destination is Rosyth.     I should be able to get a photo of her from Chapel Green;  I suppose could go to Dysart but I’ll leave that until after the weekend (is she is still off Kirkcaldy then) when the Fife toilets will have opened.



My TV licence has been bought online (£157):   I object to having to do this, but it has to be done.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....