Bright and breezy ...

 

5th September 2020 (Saturday)     07.30 .... we had a red sky this morning, (I


saw this from the kitchen) which usually means a change in the weather in the next couple of days.... so nothing new there.    It’s a bonnie morning, bright and breezy, with interesting clouds.... a nice morning for going out.... there is the chance of showers but I have a washing going through the machine in spite of that, because it’s also a good drying day.... as long as any showers are somewhere else.

08.30     I hinnae been for the paper yet, but the washing is on the line and I’m having a cuppa:  during the consuming of aforesaid cuppa I shall plan my ‘day’.    As you’d expect,  the sky has turned slightly threatening since I hung out the washing, however I still feel confident (having checked the Fife Weather cams):   but I won’t go for the  paper until later in the morning.  I’ll have two cuppas.


13.30     I’ve been a bundle of action this morning.    Washing out (and nearly dry), went for the paper via Elie Estate, Elie harbour and Chapel Green;  now I am settling down  to watch le Tour.   It’s a bonnie day and the villages appear to be busy because I've seen a lot of people going up, and down, Ferry Road.



18.00     George (‘Dod’) arrived in the afternoon, so we caught up with each other’s ‘news’ over a cuppa, while keeping an eye on the ‘Tour’ at the same time.   It has been an interesting afternoon.   When George was leaving we heard the Search and Rescue helicopter over by the cliffs; it’s a noise we don’t like to hear, but for those in trouble it would be a welcome sound.   Perhaps it was an exercise.

I see on the news that an anti lockdown rally has taken place in


Edinburgh:  that’s the way to control COVID-19?  I wonder who is behind this?  Locally we have the Kinneuchar Inn having to close for 10 days because of an ‘isolated case;  I am not looking forward to this winter.

Tomorrow we are forecast to have ‘sunny intervals and a gentle breeze’;   after   light drizzle first thing.   Looks like being a nice day from mid morning.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....