Overcast and colder ....

 

16th September 2020 (Wednesday)     07.00 .... It’s overcast with a brisk

Curlew.

breeze from the NNE, and much cooler than yesterday.   Any early morning drizzle is  forecast to fade away, and sunny spells bumble our way in the afternoon.   I think I’ll have a ‘rest day’.... tomorrow is going to be bonnier; and a good ‘drying day’.

I haven’t been anywhere this morning, there’s light drizzle blowing through... and it’s cold.

09.30     When munching my way through breakfast, I decided that it was a good morning for doing a wee bit of retail therapy at ‘The Store’ (Co-op, Anstruther).    The shop was fairly busy, considering the time (07.50), but nae queues at the checkout, nor people blocking an aisle while they contemplated buying something.   I came home by the Kellie Castle road for a change of scenery.   This is me ‘moored up’ for the day;   until the sunny spells break through at least though I may have a daunder down to the beach after I’ve had a cuppa.


17.30     It has been dull and cold all day but I did get down to the beach for a couple of short walk;  wearing my heavy jacket.    And there was a surprising number of other, well wrapped up folk out enjoying the fresh.  

Most of my afternoon was spent watching Stage 17 and working on the computer.   Today’s stage was another hard slog up a mountain;   they will be glad when they reach Paris and can have a break from competitive cycling.   Mind you;  when you think about they (investors) have taken cycling, and all sports, (and sportsmen and women), to turn them into a means of advertising something:   Something we don’t really need most likely.

21.00    Tomorrow looks like being a good drying day so I am going to do a woollen


wash;   and go out on the bike.   If it’s a really nice day I may venture up to Balcarres;  I haven’t been there for weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....