Dumbarnie Links ....

 

21st September 2020 (Monday)     08.00 ....it was overcast, breezy and not


‘iggzactly’ warm at sunrise time (06.56), but the time, nor temperature, did not deter the ladies of the ‘Elie Blue Tits Swimming Club’;  they were swimming.    I was cauld, the sunrise was a non visible event so I came home and had a hot cuppa.    I’ll go for the paper later in the morrrrrrrrrrrrning.

10.30    I had big plans for a ‘small adventure’ today but that has been put on hold:   the overcast sky is still heavily overcast, and, though rain isn’t mentioned in the forecast, I was looking forward to sunshine.  

I have been for the paper, and handed in my prescription;  and even remembered to buy milk for my ‘Cornflakes’  (except that I don’t have Cornflakes;  the milk is for Weetabix).   The computer has been fired up to do some writing.... all I need is a mug of coffee.

19.00   The sun broke through about lunch time so I went for the ‘small adventure’ I’d planned;  out to the new golf course at Dumbarnie Links.  On the way I came across Stewart trimming the hedges and Dougie combining, so I stopped to take a few action photos of the boys then continued on my way to Dumbarnie.    I didn’t know what to expect re travelling through the course, but I knew a way through was going to be part of

Dumbarnie Links golf course.

the finished course.   Well what a place Dumbarnie golf course is.   It has totally transformed sterile fields, into an area that and can only be beneficial to wild life, with the number of grass covered dunes created.   On the way past one of the ponds I saw two dragonflies by the roadside and there would be more by the water I’m sure.   I must have an afternoon browsing round the ponds to see what I find.   I’d need to make a packed lunch for that sort of mission.  

I saw a good number of golfers dotted about the course, good views of the course can be got from the roadside... especially where the golfers have to cross the road to the next hole.    Teeing areas are screened from the road by judiciously placed dunes so golfers and walkers catered for..... as well as wildlife.   Dumbarnie Links golf course is an impressive creation, of that there’s no doubt.

21.30    Tomorrow will be a ‘rest day’ for the boy;  the weather forecast is for KY9 to be

Autumnal scene near Colinsburgh.

cloudy and breezy.... much like today by all accounts.    I enjoyed my run out today and will potter around the villages tomorrow.   Ardross? .... I could go along to the Farm Shop, having eaten my way through the last batch of Shepherd and Cottage Pies.   I need to replenish stocks.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....