28th September 2020 (Monday)    08.00 .... It’s not as cold this morning but


it is cloudier;   it is in fact a nice, quiet morning.... and the sun may well break through by lunchtime.    I had a good night’s sleep and am ready to go out to pla .... oops work in the garden.    I’ve yet to go for the paper but I’m fancying a wander down to the beach.... a place I haven’t been  for a few days.   That will be after breakfast.

17.30     It’s been a nondescript kind of day as far as the weather went;  the sun tried to break through but never really managed, so it has been mostly overcast all day.    Myra invited me up for ‘morning coffee’ so that brightened the morning up;  and I met and chatted to numerous folk so, all thing considered, I’ve had a pleasant day.   There’s no doubt about it;  for us ‘singles, finding someone to talk to is very important.   It’s going to be a long winter.

'She' should have been here 10 minutes ago!

I read in the paper today that the flu jab arrangements in Fife are a bit haphazard:   that said Geoff did get his jab, in Leven, today.   He is one of the lucky ones.    I applied for an appointment, by e-mail (a week ago) and did get a reply asking for my details;  details which I had put in the original e-mail.    I obliged with said details (six days ago) .... and have heard nothing since.     We live in interesting times.

My apple tree has absolutely excelled itself this year.... not numerically but in the quality and taste of the fruit.    Every year the apples are a photographers dream, stunning to look at, but tasteless and not very crisp;  the Blackie gets them and I make a few into Eve’s puddings.   This year the apples are crisp with the sharp taste that I like in an

Elie Bay.

apple.    The Blackbird is not happy, because I am going to pick the apples tomorrow.    For the past three years I have been threatening to turn the  tree into walking sticks, but this year’s crop has saved it (the tree) for another year!

20.30    I know it’s always bonnie down on the beach, but this evening was outstanding:  Elie and Earlsferry at their magical best.    WE are just so lucky living where we do.   It is going to be a gorgeous day tomorrow, so I’ll have an early start to go for the paper.... charge the bike battery, then I should get out, round about lunch time.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....