Autumnal ....

 

26th September 2020 (Saturday)      07.00 .... The garden thermometer is

Mike and Billy on the third tee.

showing 5.5C so it’s cool.... but there isn’t much of a wind chill factor (not that we need it to make it feel cold this morning).    I’ll go for the paper later in the morning, if the streets aren’t too busy;  and  when the temperature is forecast to rocket up to 12C.    It’s going to be a nice day, albeit cool.

18.30    Going for the paper later in the morning was a mistake;  it’s the ‘Glasgow weekend’ so Elie High Street was buzzin’   I nearly went for the paper then chickened out and came home by way of the estate to miss all the traffic.

I pottered around in the afternoon while waiting for a Tesco delivery:  it duly arrive on time, which slightly surprised me, because I thought the driver would have difficulty getting through Elie;  she said it was fine and that her next stop was Anstruther.   I might be ‘in love’ with a Tesco driver.

Golfers on the first tee.

As usual I enjoyed putting the messages away ‘cos I always order some ‘especial thing’ to surprise myself.    Today it was pack of 4 Milky Bar Mousse things.

There has been a cold wind today, and, according to the lovely Judith, the temperature is going down to 3C tonight;  and I’m going for the paper early? .... perhaps not as early as I planned.


20.30     New Zealand changed the clocks last night... early this morning;   I think we are now 12 hours difference.   I’d better check Wellington time.   Yes it is twelve hours.   It goes to 11 hours when we change our clocks next month.   Now I’d better try to Skype ‘M’ again.

I don’t have a plan for tomorrow;  other than go for the paper.  The weather is forecast

Grange/Grangehill -  Earlsferry.

to be much the same as today’s was, so I might just potter around Ivy, with a bumble up to Chapel Green at some point for morning coffee;   if it isn’t too cold.

 

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....