59th Wedding Anniversary ....

 

9th September 2020 (Wednesday)   06.30.... On this date, 59 years ago,


Maggie and I were married by the Rev Robin Mitchell;  it seems like yesterday.   How time flies right enough.   It looks like being a lovely day so I’ll have my ‘morning coffee’ at Chapel Green;  having done a bit of ‘ooverin’ and dustin’ first.  

 09.00    The crock pot is on with the Scotch Broth;  and I have been for the paper(s).    I went down to the harbour but it not the warmest place to be; in fact it’s windy and cold nearly everywhere.   It’s a nice morning but you need a warm jacket.   I’m ready for another cuppa.

Being flat, Stage 11 of ‘le Tour’ is going to be another boring one;  unless there’s a; breakaway that is allowed to... welll ...  ‘breakaway’   Unfortunately that is unlikely.   Thankfully there’s a lot of historic places, and nice scenery.   I looked route up online and read the history etc.... so I know what to look out for today:  and it's unlikely to be the cycling.... except for the last half hour or so.


10.00    There’s a chance of showers for the next couple of hours so I’m having ‘morning coffee’ in Ivy;  the threat of showers is to lessen after midday.   The wind has freshened in the last couple of hours .... it’s now F5 -6. 

11.30    I had my coffee at Ivy then biked up to Chapel Green.... it was enjoyable, but breezy.    Angela and Graham were out for their walk.   At first I thought they’d walked all the way from Elie House but they hadn’t.    The ‘Green’ was busy;  we have a lot of holiday makers coming to the East Neuk rather than travel to the Mediterranean countries;  that’s the sensible thing to do as things are just now.    Oh .... Angela and Graham aren't holiday makers.

The bike is now being charged up;  tomorrow looks like being less windy.   The wind is due to moderate later this afternoon.

21.00     I went up to visit ‘The Boss’ at Chapel Green in the afternoon, and saw

'Deepsea Aberdeen' leaving the Firth.

‘Deepsea Aberdeen’ leaving the Firth, bound for Bergen.    Like ‘Ocean Greatwhite’ (the biggest platform in the world that was in the Firth earlier this year), ‘Deepsea Aberdeen’ is a modern platform, built (2014) for the water West of Shetland. 

Tomorrow is forecast to be ‘good’ and less windy .... but cool.   I don’t have a plan but I’m sure I’ll find something to do.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....