Tauttie mornin' ....

 

23rd September 2020 (Wednesday)    08.30 ....it’s a braw ‘tauttie


morning’:   well ... it would have been back in historical times (the 1950’s), when the schools got two/three weeks off for the tauttie pickin’ season.   There’s a nip in the morning air.... which is usually followed by a really bonnie day. ... though, with the wind coming from the Northwest, it’s not going to be as warm as I’d like.     There’s a good drying breeze  so the washing machine is ‘on’;  and I am ready to ‘rock ‘n roll’.   


16.30       This has been another fantastical day and I have enjoyed it.    After breakfast I decided that I’d bike to Lower Largo via the old railway line, it being a perfect day for being ‘out and about’.   The fact that I’d have to bike through Dumbarnie Links Golf Course to get to Lower Largo, might have played a small part in helping me choose that route for today’s small adventure.  

Dumbarnie Links.

Apart from getting lost on the golf course (you’d think, having been there the other day that I couldn’t get lost... but for me getting lost is easy) I had no problem getting as far as a locked gate about a mile short of Lower Largo.   The idea was to lift the bike over the fence but I thought that was beyond me so I turned back;   then photographed my way through the golf course.   I have had a brilliant day;  now I am well ready for a cuppa ....the third one since I got back to Ivy.   On both days that I've been through Dumbarnie I have seen dragonflies;  that is good.

19.00    Tomorrow I am going to the Hairdresser;  the second time since the lockdown.    In view of the latest ‘rools’ I’m wondering if I should ask Kirsty to give me a ‘short back and sides’ again, like I had just before lockdown in March.     I’ll see what she says tomorrow.    There’s a cold snap forecast for the UK in the next few days, so perhaps I


should keep my lug covering, home grown blanket!   When I’m in Leven I plan to go to the ‘Cheap Shop’ to buy tinfoil freezer containers;  it’s the only shop I know that has them in stock.

Well ....today has been a really enjoyable day for the ‘boy’.    I see the world as a series of rectangles ready to be photographed ..... and, Dumbarnie Golf Course is a dream come true as far as rectangles go!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....