Beautiful, fresh morning ....

 

24th September 2020 (Thursday)     08.00 .... It’s a chilly (5c) but fresh

Elie in early sunshine.

feeling autumnal morning:  if I wasn’t going to Leven I’d be orf up to Balcarres, or somewhere, on the bike.... once the sun (and the temperature) was higher.   I haven’t been further than the front gate, so far, but will go to the beach after I have another cuppa.  

 15.30    My word it’s turned much colder.... especially the back of my neck since I got my hair cut.    It’s actually a bonnie afternoon but the wind is colder than it was this morning.

I went to Leven in the middle of the morning and did the shopping that I wanted;   I got everything that I went for, plus a few books out of the charity shop.   On the way out of Leven I had to stop for a blue flashing light, and ambulance, this was followed at intervals by four police cars and finally a fire engine.... all heading along the coast road.    I bumbled along behind a few other cars until we were leaving Lundin Links, when I spotted traffic at a standstill along by Iain’ garage (Mercury Motors).   I


promptly indicated left and went up country and came home by way of Largoward.     I met two service buses on this diversion so they must have had a call from their office to alert them to the accident/problem.  I have since found out that the A915 is closed at Upper Largo. 

18.30     Being a nice afternoon I had a swift daunder to the beach .... which was surprisingly busy.   Oh it was a bonnie enough afternoon (cauld on the back of my neck), and we were lucky with the weather, because there was heavy showers going along the ‘sooth side’;   heavy enough to flood the A1 near Haddington.

21.00    I have had a non-stop day today;  and I’ve enjoyed it.  The ‘Cheap Shop’ (Bargain Store) was fairly busy, probably the busiest shop I’ve been in, but everyone was wearing a mask and staying two metres apart.... and it didn’t take long to check out;  everybody seemed purposeful..    Kirsty (Hairdresser) was saying that they are near enough back to pre COVID-19 customer levels;  whether it will stay that way with the

RFA 'Fort Victoria'.

new ‘rools’ remains to be seen.

Tomorrow looks like being another nice day.... more or less the same as today.   I’m having a ‘quiet day’ ;  try to do some stuff around Ivy.   A pair of Wood Pigeons have decided to build a nest, in the bush I was starting to cut down, so that is on hold;   until a few cold mornings .......‘cools their ardour’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....