Beautiful sunrise ....

 

6th September 2020 (Sunday)     11.00 .... I’ve never stopped since I got up


at 05.30!    If I haven’t been on the beach or out on the bike, I’ve been sorting out the multitude of photos taken this morning.     It was and still is a cracker of a morning;  and the villages are looking good.... well ready for a few day-trippers.   Stage 9 of the Tour de France  is now on the television so I am going to make a cuppa and settle down to watch it.    Enjoy your day.


18.30      Stage 9 of ‘le Tour’ turned out to be a classic example of why I watch it:  thrilling from start to finish.   One cyclist managed to break away on his own and was caught 500 metres from the finish  (after being alone for 90 kilometres) but even then he managed to finish third.   Tomorrow is a rest day so all the teams will be able to unwind and recuperate.... including me.

I decided to up to Chapel Green late in the afternoon, in fact I’d intended going further however the wind, which had backed to the East, and was coming off the North Sea was not warm, so I scrapped that plan and went back to Ivy.   Yes .... I had a cuppa to warm up.

Early morning sunlit Chapel Green.

Remember that anti lockdown protest in Edinburgh yesterday?    Well I found out how it was organised:  it was just an individual who had set up a page on Facebook, given it an official looking name,  and suggested the protest.   Nothing official ....  in fact just ‘fake news’:  but it shows you how things can be distorted , and people mislead.   We live in sad times.   It is of course called ‘free speech’.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....