Bright and breezy ....

 

8th September 2020 (Tuesday)      07.30 ....It’s a lovely fresh morning ... and


I’m feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed.   What a difference the sun makes.    We had a bit of red in the sky this morning at sunrise time... not spectacular but bonnie.    I’m going to ‘The Store’ in Anstruther for a few bits and pieces this morning;  in fact I’ll go immediately after this update that way I might be back in time to go to Balcarres on the bike.


09.00    I’m back!     The ‘Store’ was quiet;  just a few ‘older’ folks bumbling their way round ... in the wrong direction sometimes!     I got the bits and pieces I went for   ... plus the usual few that I didn’t need, but liked the look of.    It is a nice morning but the roads were busy so I’m now having a cuppa before I decide on my next move.   I had a migraine in the Store.... the sun was in my eyes on the way to Anstruther ,.... so I’ll probably settle for a restful morning.

Elie Estate.

18.00    The ‘Tour de France’ came on at 12.15 so that took care of my plan for the afternoon.... that, and organising my vegetables for Scotch Broth (which is going in the crock pot tomorrow morning).    However after the cuppa mentioned above I went out on the bike;  up to Elie Estate then home by way of Elie Harbour etc.   It was a beautiful day for a run.... and the beach was busy with holiday makers.

Stage 10 of ‘le tour’ ,was another flat one,similar to Stage 7 only flatter, because it was on the coast and from one island to another.   The highest climb was the bridge between the islands.    The commentators tried to make it interesting (the scenery was but they hardly talked about that today) and kept mentioned that the wind was going to make it hard in the later kilometres.    The only time the leaves on the bushes, and the grass by the roadside moved, was when the peloton passed.   I had a relaxing afternoon.

20.00     I went down to the beach earlier because the Sooth side looked really clear...


which it was;  but there was a heat haze off the water so the photos were distorted.   I dumped the lot.   Since then  we’ve had a couple of light showers;  any rain is to clear away overnight and tomorrow is going to be ‘breezy with long sunny spells’.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....