Feeling active ....

 12th September 2020 (Saturday)     06.30.... “The best laid schemes o’ mice


and men ...(and Alberto) gang aft agley” right enough;   there’s a light shower o’ rain passing over us and I thought this was going to be a good drying day.    I’ve just checked the latest forecast for KY9;  we are to have light rain showers until 07.45,  then dry and sunny followed by more serious rain later in the evening, through until Sunday at 11.15.   The washing machine goes ‘on’.   I need a cuppa.

07.30    The washing is on the line:  I daresay it might get an extra rinse out there.... but there is a good drying wind so it should eventually dry.    I have yet to go for the paper but I’ll do that once the threat of showers has passed.... and after breakfast.   It’s cool in the wind but then the wind is brisk.... F5 in Largo Bay (a fresh breeze).

12.00    It is a good drying day and the washing is night on dry;  I am keeping a ‘weather eye’ open for any stray showers that may blow our way.


 I went up to Chapel Green on the bike after breakfast, but, being exposed to the full force of the wind up there, you have to seek shelter;  luckily Maggie’s Seat is sheltered today.     On the way to the harbour I decided to go into Ivy for a heavier jacket.    Normally at this time of day I’d go up the Ferry Road and through Elie Estate, coming into Elie from the East end.    That was my plan when I went into Ivy;  when I came out I jumped on the bike and went done the road and along to Elie, the way I go at 06.30.... I’d forgotten it wasn’t 06.30.   That was a mistake that I won’t repeat.    The main road was busy, especially the bit at ‘The Old Post Office’.   However once I got onto Fountain Road it was fine.    I came home by way of Elie Estate.   Now I am about to settle down to start watching ‘le Tour’.  

 18.00    My word;   I have just watched the most exciting finish to Stage 14 (le Tour).   In fact it was probably the most exciting finish I have ever seen.... and Maggie and I watched the race for years.   I had to go to the beach for a walk to calm down. 


The beach was busy with folk taking an early evening walk before the rain came in;  which it has done in the last half hour.   The rain is supposed to slowly clear away overnight .... but it could be wet for the first part of what is forecast to be a dull day.   It will be a computer day for me;   that and Stage 15.

 


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....