Heavy rain .....

 

30th September 2020 (Wednesday)     07.30 .... It is raining (as per weather

 Ferry Road.

forecast) and has been most of the night by the look of the garden.    It is a good morrrrrning for going to ‘The Store’;   I don’t need very much but ‘retail therapy’ (and the odd goodie) will help on a dull, wet morning. 

09.00     I’ve been to  Anstruther (‘The Store’ )so that’s the ‘retail therapy’ done for the day.    There’s a lot of water on the roads but the sky was clearing towards the south so we might get a few sunny spells later.    I noticed a section of empty shelves in the shop;  the family sized toilet roll section..... empty because of people panic buying.    (I bought a pack of four!).   We live in strange times.   Anyway I’ve done the shopping .... and bought a varied selection of ‘goodies’.   Today looks like being a good day for working in the kitchen so I'm going to make apple crumble.  One of my proper food 'buys'  was two packets of crumble mix.

Elie Bay this afternoon.

14.00     I decided to check my ‘in box’ just now and;   I have an appointment for a flu’ jab on 12th October at the East Neuk Centre, Ladywalk, Anstruther.    The system is working albeit after a ‘few hiccups’.   It will be interesting to see where Myra goes for her jab:  Geoff had to go to Leven, I’m going to Anstruther.... I think Myra will probably be Anstruther.    At least we now know that you do end up with an appointment via e-mail;   I was beginning to wonder about that.

Moan ahead.     I have to admit that I have never been a great admirer of American politics; .... to me it’s always seemed to be of the ’big hammer small nut’ kind.   I’ve been reading  about the Trump Biden ‘face off’ last night and, I know it seems impossible, but under the present President,  American politics is finding new depths.   And American ‘democracy’?.... well that’s something else.   I hope the sun shines tomorrow.  Safe now.

21.00      The evening did turn out to be bonnier.... dry with patches of blue sky;  but it


has not been the best of days.   But I now have an appointment for the flu jab.... so that’s good.   The apple crumble that I made today was tasty and I have one in the freezer, so that was another plus for today.    Yes .... it hasn’t been such a bad day after all;  and tomorrow’s weather is going to be bonnier though there will still be the chance of showers and spells of light rain.

 

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....