Peaceful ....

 

1st September 2020 (Tuesday)     08.30 ..... I have been up to Chapel Green


on what is an absolute cracker of a morning.   It’s one of those peaceful,  kind of mornings;  the kind when you want to sit down and ponder.    I think I’ll have morning coffee at Chapel Green.   I’d have ‘pondered’ this morning but the seat was damp with dew.  

 

17.30    Chapel Green was busy at morning coffee break time, with lots of people walking the Coastal Path.    Jennifer and James came by, they had walked the railway line out and through the Dumbarnie Golf Course, then home by way of the cliffs .... and Chapel Green;  a healthy length of walk.   It was good to catch up with them again.    I didn’t see any children/young folk today so I guess families with children at school have had to return to their main ‘base’ for a wee while.

My intention was to get a few shots of Edinburgh in a better light than the one I got early this morning;  sadly there was a haze so that plan has been shelved until another day.   I did get a few photos of a supply vessel, ‘NS Elida’, heading back to Aberdeen after servicing ‘Deepsea Aberdeen’.

Jennifer and James at Chapel Green.

In the afternoon I watched ‘the Tour’ and cleaned out the greenhouse gutters in between times;   I have had a busy and enjoyable day.  

I was chatting to Patricia this morning about going to the kirk service at Elie on Sunday, but I am going to ‘pass’ on that;  it seems too ‘complicated’ for me.    I may go to Kinneuchar kirk the following week, after I hear how this Sunday goes.   The 'powers that be' in the Church of Scotland will have to think seriously about changes it will have to make to cope with COVID-19 .... because it ain’t going to go away in a hurry.   It will be interesting to see how the kirk adapts.

21.00    I’ve enjoyed myself today..... warm sunshine makes all the difference to how

Supply vessel 'NS Elida'.

positive I feel;  how positive we all feel.    Unfortunately tomorrow is going to be cloudier with a good chance of rain in the afternoon:   that's when  ‘le Tour’  (Stage 5... Gap - Privas... a distance of 183 kilometres) is on the tele, so any rain won’t bother me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....