Spring tide .....

 

19th September 2020 (Sunday)    08.30 .... What a mornin’... and the


forecast is good for the whole day.   I started my morning up at Chapel Green to catch the sun coming up, and from there went to Elie for the paper.   I must have been running late because Dod was going for his paper at the time I got there.... in fact there was a mini queue.   Dod may have been early? .... no, I doubt it!   

 I am feeling playful this morning.... and the bike is being charged (the battery was nigh on empty and take about three hours to fully charge), .....  I might go out later.     I have a chicken casserole  to set up first thing this morning then Myra is having morning coffee;  the tide will be full out at that time so I’ll walk along the beach.... it’s a Spring tide.

10.00   When I was out this morning the  breeze was from the Northwest.... it  has now veered towards the East and from there we get stuff coming in from the North Sea so the day may be spoiled by  spells of haar and low cloud.     It will mean some interesting photographs.


The casserole is in the oven and will be ready for lunchtime.    The intention being to have lunch then freeze two or three ‘ready meals’.   It’s been all go this morning.   I deserve a cuppa.
 

18.00     I’ve just watched what has been the most exciting Stage (20) of this years Tour de France;   in fact it’s been the most exciting finish for a lot of years.     It all came down to the last two off the time trial ramp, cyclists at No’s 1 and 2, at the top of the standings at the start of this penultimate Stage 20.   The cyclist lying 2nd was 57 seconds down on the one at the top, but actually made up the 57 seconds and went on the win by over a minute.   I’ll sleep soundly tonight.    The ‘Tour’ ends (Stage 21) in Paris tomorrow;  it’s a sort of ‘procession’ with no one challenging the Yellow Jersey .... i.e. the overall winner of the race.    Things will be back to normal in Ivy Cottage next week.    I had mixed emotions watching the final kilometres  today;  elated watching the ‘underdog’ do the ‘impossible, but sorry to see the other guy lose his No 1 position.   That’s sport right enough.    The only other sports I watch are golf and rugby.... and the  occasional  ‘big’ game of football.

21.00   I enjoyed my walk along the beach to Myra’s this morning;  we had a good catch


up on each other's 'news' .... and I got back to Ivy 20 minutes before the casserole timer was due to go off.   The beach was busy with a lot of people right out at the tides edge;   where I usually go on a low tide.

I haven’t got anything planned, other than going for the paper in the morning... and I’ll take in the end of ‘le Tour’ in the afternoon.   Tomorrow’s weather forecast, for KY9? ....  ‘another balmy day but cloudier’;   cloudier can sometimes mean a bank of 'Scotch Mist' bumbling in from the North Sea.     I'm tired tonight so an early night in bed is called for I'm thinking.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....