First frost ....

27th September 2020 (Sunday)     09.30 .... after the first frost of the season


we are going to have a really lovely day.... almost wall to wall ‘bloo’ sky, hardly a breath of wind so a good day for a wee adventure methinks.    The bike is being charged up as I type.

I went for the paper early, and down to the harbour .... the villages were busy, even at that time of the morning, but it is a holiday weekend.    Right now I’m thinking that I won’t get out on the bike until the battery is charged (11.00 ish), so I’ll have another cuppa and a gentle potter about in the garden.

18.30     The battery was fully charged by 11.00 so I took off at 11.20, heading for Arncroach by way of Kinneuchar and the Colinsburgh Strait;  this would be the longest trip on the bike to date:  19.69 kilometres (12.23 miles).   The whole trip was done on less than half the battery.   Most of the road is level when I just use No 1 power assist,

Alpacas - near Arncroach.

and I rarely had to use No 4 (for steep hills).   I stopped to say ‘Hello’ to Brian, Moira and Morven at Arncroach;  I couldn’t go in because of the current ‘rools’ but we had a good natter at the door.  It was good to see them and catch up with their news.  The ‘plan’ was to have my picnic lunch at the Balcarres Mains bridge in Balcarres Den.... and that is what I did.

 

I contemplated going to Kellie Castle gardens then remembered that this is  a holiday weekend and the ‘Castle gardens’ would be busy.   However,  there’s a field, just before you go into Arncroach, that’s got a herd of Alpacas in it .... so I stopped to take a few photographs.   When I was looking at them, through the camera lens, I thought of the hairstyle I ended up with during the lockdown:  Alpacas, bless their furry kneecaps, are born with a COVID-19 hairstyle and it disnae seem to bother them.    It was an enjoyable couple of hours out, but I will sleep well tonight..... I’m one tired ‘boy’.

21.00    We’ve had another lovely day;  in fact it has been a cracker of a  ‘Glasgow

Colinsburgh to Kinneuchar road.

Weekend’ and the villages have been busy.... as were the main roads when I went out on the bike.   Tomorrow will probably be a ‘rest day’ for me.  That means a potter to the beach and, if it is warm enough, morning coffee at Chapel Green.;  I remembered to order ‘Flat White’ coffees from Tesco!   The weather forecast is good, but, it is going to be cloudier than today.  


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....