Gorgeous morning ....

 

18th September 2020 (Friday)     08.00 .... what a cracker o’ a mornin’;  

Seats and beach ready for another gorgeous day.

hardly a cloud in the sky, and  only a light breeze with a braw autumnal feel to the air .... we have the start of a gorgeous day.   I am going up to Balcarres again.... this time on a fully charged battery (both bike and me) so I’ll get to Rires and other places.    Orf to have breakfast.




18.30     I did the Rires run today (16.35 kilometres there and back –  just over 10 miles);  I got all the photographs I wanted apart from the telephoto ones;  a thick haze prevented that.   I was disappointed to find that the old ‘kirk road pathway’ down from Rires, where it crosses a field before going down the side of the former walled garden wall, has been ploughed in.   I suppose that’s the way of things today:   Other than that I am happy bunny with today’s trip.   Having gone out earlier than I did yesterday, I didn’t stop to look for butterfly’s today, though I’m sure they would be about at the woodland walk.

A field of porridge oats.

In the afternoon I watched Stage 19 which turned out to be really exciting, over the last 16 kilometres.   Owing to the fact that I fell asleep and missed a lot of the race, I have to admit that there may well have been other exciting bits, but I didn’t see them.

Low tide is at 10.30 )ish) tomorrow and it is going to be a cracker;  there will be a lot of beach to play on....  even beyond the rocks.   High tide will be ... well, very high and there won’t be much beach to play on!

21.00    I’ll enjoy reading my book tonight;  actually I very much doubt if I’ll read very much .... I’m a tired boy after biking to Balcarres two days in succession.    It’s going to be another bonnie day again tomorrow, though there will still be that cool breeze off the North Sea, luckily it’s only a breeze so there won’t be any rollers coming into the beach

Balcarres Estate roadside trees.

at high tide, .... so no damage.

At the moment I don’t have a plan for tomorrow;   other than go for the paper  first thing .... and circumnavigate the villages.    I’ll watch the start of Stage 20 (time trial) and check on how it’s going throughout the afternoon.   I might even go out on the bike after lunch. 

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....