Warm wind ....

 

13th September 2020 (Sunday)     06.30 .... although windy (F4-5) it is a


warm wind, in fact it’s a pity that there’s a wind, because otherwise it would be a really hot day, albeit overcast with the chance of showers in the morning.    The wind is forecast to freshen in the afternoon... up to F6 -7.... so it will be breezy;   and feel cooler.

09.00   We had a few spits and spots o’ rain  at a crucial time (getting the bike out), so I took the car up to Elie to get the paper, then went for a walk when I got home.  I bumbled up ‘The Royal Burgh’ High Street and home by the beach.   It was pleasant though breezy.   The ‘plan’ is to go out on the bike late in the afternoon .... if the wind has moderated by then.

10.30    It’s a funny morning;  it’s warm and not windy enough to stop me going out on the bike but there’s the threat of showers so I’m dithering.  I suppose I could go to Crail in the car:   I’m going to have a cuppa.... and check when the Tour is on the tele.    I think it’s earlier today.


When I went for the paper this morning I was surprised by the number of cars parked on both sides of Park Place (Elie).   Our wee villages are becoming popular places for a ‘staycation’;   a good thing, as long as COVID-19 is kept at bay... an increasing concern all over the country.  I see that the BBC is stopping the daily COVID-19 Scottish update:   I watched that and felt I knew what was happening.... I also thought  the FM was careful as to how she stayed away from ‘politiking’.   That’s more than can be said of the Westminster update which is just a ‘party political broadcast’, .... by a 'party',  that is prepared to break the law if it suits them, regarding the Brexit deal.   
They’re the kind of people we should trust?   I don’t think so.

18.00     I am glad that tomorrow is a ‘rest day’ with the Tour.:  today’s Stage was another summit finish after a long gruelling climb.   I ... they have earned their day of rest!    I had to go out on the bike to calm myself down.

I’ve been doing a lot of stuff on the computer;   I have started to write my memoirs....  it’s my way of relaxing.

21.00     My Sunday paper Magazine (Observer) is a mine of important information:  this


week I found the following... under the heading ‘Heads you win’ ..... “This luxe range combines hyaluronic acid (hydrating), vitamin E (protects from environmental damage) and abyssine (volume boosting) to restore youthfulness to hair”:    “Kerastase Chronologist Masque”, £39.    There you are:  you will be glad to know that I read the magazine from end to end (intermittently) .... when the adverts are on the tele!    I will order a gallon.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....