Lovlieness in abundance this morning .....

 29th September 2020 (Tuesday)     08.00 ....we haven’t had rain for a


while;  to be honest I haven’t missed it, but, that is all going to change tomorrow.    There was a touch of ‘red sky in the morning’ but I didn’t go to the beach and I haven’t been for the paper, but will go after this update.   It’s a nice morning for going exploring, but the bike battery will need to be charged before I do that.   Right now, at this very moment, I think another cuppa would be a good idea before going ‘roond the villages’, and picking up the paper.  

11.00    The villages have been checked out, and all is as it should be .   The bike battery is on charge, so I should get out after lunch.....it’s a really nice morning for being out, and there was a fair number of folk enjoying an early morning stroll.

Kinneuchar Kirk.

My mission this morning is to pick the apples  .... before the blackbird has them all on the ground.    They are really tasty this year;  well they are for me.    I like crisp, sharp verging on bitter, tasting apples and that is exactly how they are.   Before tackling that job I think a cuppa would be in order.

18.30    We have had a really lovely day;  definitely a day for doing things outside.    Most of the apples have been picked and are now in The Hutte, stored in brown paper bags.   The Blackbird, much as I like him, is a pain in the butt.    A lot of the apples had peck holes in them so they are now on the ground;   I was able to save 29 apples.   That’s 29 more than I’ve had any other year;  this is the first year they have been (in my opinion) edible.   They have been edible every year to ‘Blackie’.

After picking the apples, I went out on the bike.... only as far as Kinneuchar, but I really had an interesting afternoon.    Jimmy and I used to ‘browse’ the grave stone, (remembering too many of the family names on the stones)..... and  I’m not just talking about the ‘new’ part of the graveyard.   I did a bit of that again this afternoon, before coming home by way of Elie Estate.

20.30    Tomorrow’s weather forecast isn’t good;   spells of rain for most of the day, but

Kinneuchar Loch.

we could get sunny spells too.    It looks like being a computer day for this boy.   If it’s raining first this I’ll take the car to go for the paper then continue on to Anstruther, to do a small shopping in ‘The Store’.

It’s hot chocolate time;   and I’ll have a quick browse through the TV channels to see if there’s anything worth watching.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....