Breezy ....

 

4th September 2020 (Friday)      06.30    It’s a nice enough morning though

Elie harbour.

there is light shower of rain blowing through just now, it looks like being a bright and breezy day mostly.    I’ll go for the paper after this showery spell has passed.

09.30    I’m changing my mind about as often as the Westminster Government does;   I decided to take the car to Elie for the paper (instead of the bike) because I needed milk.... and a couple of rolls.   But forget about that:   When I got back to Ivy I immediately went out on the bike;  I’d noticed that we had an interesting, and busy, sky.... and I like busy skies.     My word I enjoyed myself;  yes it was a bit breezy for me being out on the bike (F4-5), but the roads were quiet.... and there was much going on in the sky all around me.   I’m a happy boy;  in fact I’ll have another cuppa before I finally sort out all the photos I did get;  and there is a few!


17.30    Stage 7 of ‘le Tour’ today more than made up for the “been better watching paint dry Stage 5”;  my word it was exciting today.  Now I need to have a stroll to the beach, or someplace, to calm me down.   It’s been a bonnie but very windy day, with occasional short squally showers:  And Ferry Road has been busy with traffic so the villages look like being busy this weekend.

21.00      Tom and Natalie are back:  I noticed their car was away in the middle of the week, so I thought they had gone back to their other home, like Matthew and Sylvia had to do a few weeks ago.   I thought the Ferry was beginning to empty.   We have a lovely community now, but I have to accept that families have to go back to their other residences on a regular basis.   

The village is busy .... the beach was busy with ‘new’ visitors when I went down early in


the evening.   Although it has been windy, with an occasional short shower now and then, it has been a bonnie day.... and not too cold considering the briskness of the wind.... so folk were out enjoying a walk on the beach.   I believe the discerning holiday maker is choosing to holiday at home, in the UK, rather than go to Spain, Portugal or the Mediterranean islands etc. during this COVID crisis... and we are benefiting from that.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....