Windy wet and cold ...


1st March 2020 (Sunday)     I wish all my Welsh friends a dry and sunny St
Elie kirk;  oops... I was going to Communion there today.
David’s Day and for many other ‘dry and sunny’ days too... you need some sunshine after the horrible weather of the past few weeks.   “Dydd gwyl Dewi Hapus”.
08.30    We have another breezy, overcast, cold and wet  morning;  at this time the wind is F7 out in the Firth but it is forecast to increase to F8 – 9 later;  definitely a computer day for me.   I’ll go to the ‘paper shop’ to buy a paper but that will be the extent of my outdoor activities until the weather brightens up a bit:  sunny spells are mentioned for KY9.

11.00     It’s an interesting day to be out with the camera but it isn’t warm.    After picking up (buying) a couple of Sunday papers I went to St Monans harbour for a change of scenery but this is not the kind of day to be at a harbour unless well
Balcarres rhododendrons - this afternoon.
wrapped up.... and I had forgotten to wear a scarf, so didn’t hang about.    I promptly went back to Elie.... and down to the harbour!   I am now ensconced in Ivy, hatches battened with the kettle ‘on’.



19.00   We had a lovely afternoon albeit windy and I have had an enjoyable day though a lot of it was watching the Track Cycling World Championships from Berlin.    Elinor Barker got Team GB’s first ‘Gold’ .... but team GB hasn’t had a good championship.   They will be waiting for, and peaking in time for the Olympics.   I did take time out and go up to Balcarres (where I was out of the wind) for a turn round the Woodland walk.   I haven’t done any work at all today.  

There’s a lot on the tele about the ‘Coronavirus’ (Covid-19) outbreak and what
Balcarres Estate.
precautions to take to avoid catching it when it does arrive here.   As far as I can see staying isolated appears to be the best way to evade the bug.  Apparently face masks are only effective for 20 minutes then they become breeding grounds for the ‘bugs’.  
We had a red sky at sunset time; I didn’t go to the beach ‘cos it would have been too windy and cauld for me.... and the tide wasn’t the way I like it at sunset. ... but we should have a bonnie day tomorrow. 



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....