All is quiet at the Centre of the Universe ....


25th March 2020 (Wednesday)     09.00 .... I’ve had my morning walk,
Quiet morning .... 
been for the papers, and came home via Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar:  and everywhere was quiet..... that was between 05.30 and 07.00. but I wouldn’t expect it to become really busy all day;  not as it would normally be.   The ‘stay at home’ instruction does appear to be working.   The worst thing that happened was at the end of last week when holiday and mobile home owners hit the East Neuk (and other parts of the UK) like a plague of locusts clearing the shelves in the local village shops and massively increasing the chances of the virus getting into the East Neuk (and other places).   That was worrying.   However everything appears to have settled down again albeit with the East Neuk having a bigger population than normal.
I’ve had breakfast and will have another cuppa before deciding my next move.   The sky is heavily overcast this morning  but I don’t think rain is mentioned for KY9.

'The Breakwater' - Elie.
12.30    ‘The Boy’ (bless my cotton socks) has had a  lazy day having  not done a bit of ‘work’ all day though I did admire yesterday’s efforts.... and even slid the greenhouse back and forth a few times.   However I see that we have (proper) workmen from the Highway Maintenance Department working at the junction of Ferry Road and Earlsferry High Street.... I think they woke me up (I’d fallen asleep in front of the tele).... so life goes on.    This would be a good time for all Fife’s pot-holes to be filled in properly!   Hey perhaps that’s what they’re doing.   The kettle will be boiling so I’m orf to fuel myself up for the afternoon.
19.00     My word I have been a busy boy .... having eventually managed to prune the Clematis and transfer it into the ‘broon’ bucket (which is now full).   There’s some kind of ‘thing’ next to the Clematis that send out tendrils faster and further than any native bramble bush.   I don’t know if it’s another Clematis but my word it has serious intentions of taking over the whole of Earlsferry.   It has also been pruned but I’m thinking I might prune it down to ground level and uproot it.    Tomorrow I will continue with pruning around The Hutte and greenhouse area before actually clearing out the greenhouse.

I am happy to see that Bumble Bee Queens all over the place now and my flowering
The pre - sunrise sky this morning.
currant is still flowering for them to feed on.     Nature continues not heeding the trials and tribulations the human population.   Writing about the ‘trials and tribulations’ of the human population;  I’m looking out at the sky and thinking it looks like we could have rain tomorrow!.... and I have a fully charged battery on the bike! 
 
I’ve noticed that I don’t have to worry about forgetting any coffee mornings etc now;   there’s nae coffee mornings to forget about.   Jings, when I think about it ....  everybody is in now the same boat as I am;  only thing is I’ve been in it longer.


Take care....and loads o’  love to the whole World from the wee village of Earlsferry in Bonnie Scotland. xx

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....