Lovely crisp morning ....


22nd March 2020 (Sunday)      09.30 ....It’s a bonnie but cold morning:  I
Elie Bay at 07.00.
took the car up to Elie to buy a Sunday paper, then went took a run to the harbour, Woodhaven (holiday campervans?), then home by way of Arncroach, Colinsburgh and Kinneuchar.   I am hoping to get out on the bike later (once the air warms up....maybe that should be ‘ if the air warms up’).   I have a feeling that we older folk will be told to totally isolate in our own homes and garden shortly ... going from what I read in today’s ‘Observer’.   ‘The powers that be’ have seen what is happening in Italy and will issue stricter isolation ‘rools’.


18.30    It has been a bonnie day... albeit cold.     I ended up ‘working’ (well ... sort of) instead of going out on the bike.   The roads were really busy.... and the ‘Centre of the Universe’ is busy.   The only time I’m going to be ‘out’ is first thing in the morning.   Luckily I have the computer to ‘work’ on and Skype to keep in touch with the ‘Troops’.

New ‘rools’ have been brought in for the most vulnerable people in society;  they
The 'Arncroach Road'.
have 
to stay in their houses (and presumably gardens) for ‘at least’ twelve weeks.  This is going to be long haul for older folks with underlying problems.   As for me ... well the village was that busy with people wandering about that I didn’t even go outside the front gate this afternoon.    

I read in the paper that President Trump regards himself as a ‘war time’ President.   Didn’t he dodge the?....  yes ...he dodged the Vietnam draft!    He’ll know all about ‘war’ then!

I did one of the wee jobs that I have been meaning to do for a while .... fix the catch on the shed door.    All I have to do is screw on the bolt and give the door another coat of paint and that job can be ticked orf.   That will be done tomorrow.   I’ve been working
Where Chapel Green House used to be.
so hard...no .... not ‘hard’...  more sort of steadily than ‘hard’....  that I didn’t have a catnap this afternoon.
Tomorrow is going to be another sunny but cold day... but it might be slightly cloudier.    The ‘plan’ for tomorrow is simple:  out early then stay in Ivy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....