Looks like it could be a bonnie day ....


16th March 2020 (Monday)       07.30 ..... It's a a nice enough morning;
Fisherman's Memorial - Pittenweem.
 even though there is a lot of low cloud about there are blue patches showing through.... in fact it’s an interesting sky.    I haven’t been to the beach;   in fact I have yet to have my first cuppa of the day .... but the kettle is ‘on’.    No plan for today but I must phone the surgery and get advice re anti-tetanus injection and maybe even have have the nurse look at my hand.   Orf to have that cuppa.


09.30     The sky has cleared and we have a nice, slightly cold, sunny day.    I have an appointment with Laurie (Nurse) at 10.10 (Pittenweem) to have my hand looked at;  after which I’ll go down to the harbour and have a bumble around there.    Time for another cuppa.

16.30     My hand has been sorted and I’ve had a booster anti tetanus jab.... and looking forward to going out to play.... tomorrow.   On the way out of Pittenweem Surgery I washed my hands with the gel;   the plasters fell off about half n hour later   Obviously the adhesive on the plasters didn’t agree with the gel.   I have plenty Elastoplast so that wee problem has been sorted.


Pittenweem.

 As planned I went to Pittenweem harbour and took a few photos;  and saw Steven (Wood) when down there.   Steven used to work on the golf course but left a number of years ago to start a fish round.   He doesn’t look that different from when I last saw him.
Back at Ivy I had a light lunch then decided to have ‘50’... and woke up an hour and a half later feeling.... ‘well rested’.   I hadn’t done anything to make me tired so I guest the booster jab made me drowsy.
One of the most annoying things that can happen to a person living on their own is an itch in the middle of your back that you can’t get at.   Luckily it’s a rare occurrence but if it does happens it is very very annoying.   When Maggie was around there was no problem, she would rub cream on the appropriate spot.    To overcome the problem I cut a bent stick from the Rowan tree, attached a pad to the end of it and, this stick;  not as bonnie, nor as efficient by a long chalk but affectionately known as ‘Maggie’,.... does the trick.

It has started to rain.... I wondered why it had turned colder:  the heating has been
The 'middle pier' Pittenweem.
turned ‘up’ .... and the kettle switched ‘on’.


19.00    Although I haven’t done much I am a happy boy because my hand has been sorted:  tomorrow I might get back into a normal(ish) routine.    Watching the ‘News’ is not the most cheerful programme on the tele just now, but we have to keep up to date with what is happening.   I watch the news once in the morning and once in the evening;  watching it more often might be depressing.  Anyway we are in for a ‘long haul’ .... and long period of self isolation for us older folks:  let’s hope we have a good Spring and Summer to cheer us up.... and enjoy in our own back gardens by the sound of things.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....