Lovely but cold morning ....


13th March 2020 (Friday)     08.30 .... it’s a lovely day but the wind (F3)
Seaweed being removed from Elie Harbour beach.
is from the north so it’s cold; 3c on the Ivy garden thermometer when I looked half an hour ago.    I won’t be going out on the bike but I do have a washing going through the machine because it is a good drying day.... and I will be going for morrrrrrrning coffee and the paper.... and I might even go to the harbour afterwards:  I haven’t been to the beach this morning.    I checked the weather cams to see what the sky was like at sunrise time.  
 Myra was telling me that the Leven Care Home is in ‘shut down’ state for the next three weeks, which makes sense considering the age of the residents and their susceptibility to any bugs;  so no visiting for three weeks.     I’m orf to have breakfast:  and my first cuppa of the morning having been neglectful in the kettle department so far today!


Looking north to Balcarres from the Pony Field.
17.00   It has been a bonnie day... and the wind moderated around about the middle of the day so I went for a short run out on the bike to test the new seat that I ... er actually Alan (Harbour House) fitted for me the other day.   I had been sworn to secrecy but I was the only one ‘thus sworn’.... anyway the Hutte leaks secrets faster than Wiki!    Thanks Alan.... the seat is extremely comfortable actually... and anatomically perfect!    Morning coffee was enjoyable, as it always is....  Laura’s hair was different.   Geoff’s garage continues to slowly sink into ... well somewhere hopefully not too deep;  though by the time it’s all sorted out the garage roof might be part of the patio.

This ‘self isolating’ because of the Coronavirus epidemic is going to coincide with ‘spring cleaning’;  a good time for me to do the bookshelves that I’ve been threatening to do for a while.    Not that I am ‘self isolating’ yet.... though I am limiting myself to ‘arbour ‘ouse, the local shops, and the ‘Store’ in Anstruther;  of which shop (The Store) I am now a ‘Member’ and am in a state of excitement as I await my new Membership Card, having enrolled online the morrrrrning.

I did a small ‘self isolating’ shopping at ‘The store’ after morning coffee... a few tins of
East elevation of Elie Kirk - and that is 'my' gallery window!
different foodstuffs etc..... (funnily enough the store had toilet rolls though I didn’t buy any); anyway I bought stuff that will keep in the cupboard.   Once all the ‘panic buyers’ finish panicking things are soon back to normal.

Tomorrow is forecast to be warmer but cloudier with a good chance of early rain.... I might start the ‘spring cleaning’ with a break for morning coffee at ‘arbour ‘ouse. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....