Crackin' morning .....


4th March 2020 (Wednesday)     06.30 .... There’s a touch of frost so we
20 minutes before sunrise time.
have a nice crisp start to what looks like being a bonnie day:   and I am ‘up and running’..... well ... l not quite running but in the mood for doing things.    I won’t go out on the bike until the middle of the day when it will be warmer.     Until then I intend doing some ‘ousework  etc:    probably more  etcetera than actual ‘ousework. 

 

08.00    The beach was calm and really peaceful this morning at sunrise time;  in fact as far as I could see I had the whole beach to myself.   There was only a breath of a breeze and the waves were of the flopping onto the sand kind.... very dreamlike;  yep ... I was on Planet Owlbert in 'nae time' -  dreaming.   When I came off the beach I met a lady walking her dog.... it could have been the other way round ... so there was two of us enjoying the early morning calm.   It’s breakfast time after which I am going to do the ironing before going for the papers.


Balcarres Crag looking springlike this morning.
14.00    I am much in need of a cuppa having just got back to Ivy after biking up to Rires;  total distance travelled 18.4 kilometres (11.5 miles)... that includes going up to Chapel Green to visit ‘The Boss’.   When I came out of ‘arbour ‘ouse I decided to go out on the bike immediately rather than wait until after lunch as I’d intended.   It is a lovely day, and I got up to Rires ‘nae bother’ ... in fact I did it on less than two fifths of the available battery.   The bike is now charging up .... hopefully tomorrow will be another day that I can go biking again.   I have a whole ‘stack’ of photographs to sort out but I will have ‘50’ first... and I might as well have another cuppa having finished the one one I had when I first got back to Ivy.

19.00    It has been a cracker of a day;  it felt Spring like, and everywhere I went the
Chapel Green House.
birds were giving out with their territorial songs, including a Woodpecker digging a nest hole in a Balcarres tree.    It has been a good day all round.
The demolition of Chapel Green House continues at a fast pace, and it looks like it will be ‘gone’ by the end of tomorrow.   It’s sad to see Chapel Green House disappearing before your very eyes;  it’s progress.  ‘Progress’ is happening too fast for this boy.

Tomorrow’s weather is going to be ‘more of the same’;  and I have a fully charged bike.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....