Hmmmmmm ....


14th March 2020 (Saturday)     09.00.... None of the Fife Weather cams
Elie harbour.
are not very colourful  looking this morning meaning that the whole of Fife,  including The Centre of the Universe is overcast, with spells of light rain now and again.   There’s reasonable chance that I might begin the ‘spring cleaning’ session today.   I have only been ‘out’ to put stuff in the bucket.... but will go for morning coffee and maybe even to the harbour afterwards as it isn’t that cold ... maybe because there is only a light breeze.     I’m hoping for some sunny spells eventually.... they are forecast for tomorrow.



12.30     We’ve had a few short sunny spells but it is cold.... the wind is from the southeast so 'off the water'.    There is much activity at the harbour where the mornings are being prepared for the summer season, with the boats being ‘Craned In’  on the 7th April.   I had morning coffee with Myra and Geoff... then came home to Ivy by the Balbuthie route done in reverse.    I am now ready for some food.... and I have sneezed... for the second time today!   Sneezing is not a symptom of the virus but it probably means I’m in for a cold.    I will have a toddie at bedtime.


Elie Harbour - that's Stewart disguised as sea-weed!
17.00    Today I received a ‘Demand’ from Fife Council re the Council Tax: if they removed the word ‘Demand’ from the heading what a difference it would make to the tone of the letter:  and it would make no difference as to who can pay or who can’t pay their Council Tax.   A simple thing to do but well above the thinking in Fife House I suppose.   The Tax demand from Fife Council  is guaranteed to annoy me every year because of the word 'Demand'!    My word I do feel better after writing that.


I’ve had a quiet day though I did have a run up to Balcarres to check out Sarah van Veen..... but it looks like it could be at least another week before ‘she’ blossom’s.  Today I did a small amount of ‘ousework and much ‘contemplating of housework’.   So far I have sneezed three times today  should I have three toddies at bed time... or simply a ‘tripler’?   Orf to make some fodder.... I’m starving.   

19.00      The Coronavirus epidemic is starting to spread faster over the UK and it is
Roadside 'daffies' -  Kinneuchar.
beginning to feel almost threatening with our nearest case being in St Andrews.... 14 miles away by road. .... (It’s a bendy road so less distance as the crow flies).   The Government is bringing out new ‘instructions’ next week and I suspect they could be quite severe;  more in line with what other countries are doing.   It’s an alarming time for everyone.... especially those in the ‘vulnerable groups’.... we will have to look out for each other.    I am well stocked up with food etc. and the computer keeps me in touch with all my friend all over the world so self isolation won’t be that different from what I usually do:  except that I will have stay away from any potential ‘new friends’ on the beach.    I’ll still go for morning coffee and the paper until advised otherwise.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....