Sunny spells with squally showers ....


11th March 2020 (Wednesday)      07.30 .... there’s a brisk wind this
The sun rising over the East Links.
morning so it’s cold... with occasional spits and spots o’ rain so it’s a wrap up well kind of day:   the wind is F6 just now.   I had a walk to the beach for some fresh air and to catch the sunrise, but didn’t linger there;  I’m feeling brighter but will stay in and warm for most of the day.   I was wrapped up like a polar bear on the beach for my dose of fresh air for today.   I haven’t been out on the bike since I(?) fitted the new seat on it .... and..  I won’t be out on it today.


10.00   it’s beginning to look like my early trip to the beach was the best time of the day;  we’ve had a lot of wind and rain since.   However we should get a few sunny spells soon.   The ‘Master Plan’ for the remainder of the day is to go for the paper(s) and morrrrrning coffee, then back home to Ivy via some devious route (most likely Balbuthie Loan), batten the Ivy hatches, turn up the heating and put the kettle on.    I am in a computer mood.


The Royal Toon Hall spire.
12.00    Er .... owing to unforeseen circumstances the ‘Master Plan’ has been changed;  today we have the ‘Friendship Lunch” in the Kirk Hall....that’s food!   I shall dine at 12.30 in the kirk hall then poodle my way home to Ivy and do some ‘work’;   so far I have been for the papers, had morning coffee with the ‘Troops’ and bumbled my way back to Ivy via ‘Erncroach’.    I must bike that route because I see a lot of photos that I could take from the bike.... and I could have a coffee stop at Brian and Moira’s ‘cos I need to have a consultation with my Private Secretary.  

 19.00    In between some wild showers we’ve had a lovely but cauld day.    The Friendship Lunch was, as it always is, a braw hour and a half scoffing soup and sandwiches with friends.    Myra brought one of Jim’s hill walking friends and his lovely wife to the lunch;  they were going to visit Jim in the afternoon.   I will visit Jim on Friday;  tomorrow we have Ian’s ‘Celebration of Life’ Service in Elie Kirk at 13.00.
Pittenweem kirk.

I have definitely been feeling friskier today but it has been too windy to do very much outside:  other than go for runs in the car and have a short walk to take a few photos at several stops.    I read somewhere that sleep gives us a healthy glow;  by that theory I must glow in the dark.... it doesn’t show in the daylight that’s for sure.... not in any of the mirrors in Ivy anyway.   Of course it could be the mirror that’s wrong!... you know ‘mirror mirror on the wall who’s the fairest of them all?”

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....