Overcast but warm ... and sometimes wet.


10th March 2020 (Tuesday)      07.00 .... I’ve been to the beach for my
Sunrise time  ....it was rising below that hole in the clouds.
breath of fresh Centre of the Universe air.... it isn’t actually that cold this morning.    There was never going to be a visible sunrise at 06.40.... however, although bonnie (as ever),it was threatening to rain.... in fact I thought to myself  “Alber’ there’s somewhere you need to be and this ain’t it.”    It was raining when I came off the beach;  not heavily but definitely wetly!   I’m back in Ivy:  I switched the kettle into the ‘on’ position  as soon as I came in so I’m orf to make a cuppa.   The rain is of the squally shower variety and we will have sunny spells too.... later in the morning.



16.00     We’ve had a few squally showers rattling but most of them have been further west and we’ve only caught the edges;  the temperature dropped when the wind freshened and although bright between the showers it is colder.    I’ve been busy,
St Monans harbour this morning.
mostly on the computer though I took time out to have a run along to St Monans harbour.   Ian and Sam were working on ‘Shearwater’ getting her ready for the season.   I came home by way of ‘Erncroach’ and Balcarres to check if Sarah van Veen (Magnolia tree) was in flower but not quite.    The buds are fattening up so it won’t be long before the flowers appear. 

In between working on the computer and bumbling about I have been resting in The Hutte;  actually I sit out there and read or do Soduko’s.    Although I have been busy enough I haven’t been feeling 100% .... sort of ‘got a bug’ feeling;  probably by seeing all the hype on the News.   I see on Facebook that a lot of older people are worrying about the Coronavirus, as well they might if they have underlying health problems;  and the local History Society has cancelled Thursday’s evening meeting to help prevent the spread of any ‘bugs’ not necessarily the ‘virus’;  that’s a sensible thing to do.    I suppose that people who live on their own can ‘self isolate’ fairly easily though they have to foray out now and then to buy grub.... which is exactly what I do.   When I’m
Nice breezy morning.
out ‘playing’ it’s either on the bike or in the car with the camera and I live on my own anyway, and self isolating in The Royal Burgh’ is fairly easy.    That said since the Air B ‘n B office opened there appears to be more people around at the weekends so perhaps we’re not as isolated as we were.


19.00     We’ve had our share of wind recently and tomorrow we’re going to  have ‘strong winds and light rain showers’ so we’re not finished with windy weather yet.    I did enjoy the sunny days we had recently and those kind of days will occur more frequently as the days lengthen and the clocks change on the 29th March.

I suppose the ‘plan’ for tomorrow will all depend on the weather:  and how I’m feeling.   Hopefully an early night in bed should see off this lethargic feeling.... I’m not keen on lethargic.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....