Interesting morning ....

-+*

17th March 2020 (Tuesday)   07.30 ....    “Happy St Patrick’s Day” to all
Arncroach.
my friends in Ireland and Irish folk all over Mother Earth ...... enjoy ‘Your’ day.

We have a showery start to our day at the 'Centre of the Universe' ...’ sunny spells and showers accompanied by a frisky wind’ being the forecast:  I was going to the beach but it’s raining just now so I’ll leave that until later in the day .... there should be a lot of interesting clouds around.   
I think we ‘aulder yins’ are suppose to begin ‘self isolating’ this week...... or at least stay out of crowds.    I intend going to ‘The Store’ to do a wee shopping (we’re allowed to do that) this morning .... and I need to get a haircut.   That (the haircut) could be a problem.    I wonder what I’ll look like with a pony tail?   The plan is to meet Myra and Geoff in the ‘Diving Duck Gannet’ (St Monans) for morning coffee on the way home from ‘The Store’.

I’ve been talking to Jackie (Auchnagatt) on Skype .... I interrupted her starting to work (from home) so we’re having a chat in the afternoon when she (and Iain) are finished working.    All I have to do now is set up ‘Facetime’ on the phone and I should be visually electronically connected to everyone;  the phone is now being charged up.... I had to find it.

East Neuk countryside ... that's Balcarres in the background.
14.30     I had a successful ‘self isolating’ shopping at ‘The Store’.... and got everything I felt that I needed:  all I have to do now is top up once a fortnight or so at the Paper Shop/Deli.   The Store was fairly busy with older customers doing what I was doing.... getting set up for the ‘long haul’.
We (the Troops) had morning coffee in the ‘Diving Gannet’ and intend going to ‘arbour ‘ouse tomorrow morning.   I came home by way of Arncroach and Colinsburgh (where I topped up the car with fuel).    All History Society meetings/coffee mornings have been cancelled until further notice;  I met Rosie in the surgery at Pittenweem yesterday.

Regarding me ‘self-isolating.... well it’s more or less an enhanced version of what I’ve been doing for the past 10 years since Maggie died.   I had a practice ‘self isolate' in The Hutte today and it was the same as what I always do;  have a cuppa, do a bit of a Soduko, read a bit of a book (I have loads of books) and fall asleep.   Regarding the ‘spring cleaning’ ;  the bookshelves are being left until the really serious isolation begins.  Cleaning the bookshelves is always interesting.... simply because I stop and browse a book now and again.

18.30     It has been a satisfying and enjoyable sort of day for ‘the boy’;  I will
Fife road-sign.
continue to bumble around in the car or on the bike;  early in the morning once the villages fill up.

I was watching the New’ earlier and I’m wonder who will be getting rich because of this virus:  for instance in WW1 (as in all wars) there were people from both sides amassing a fortune manufacturing ‘sophisticated killing stuff’ so that the soldiers on both side could give their lives.   I have no doubt investors in drug companies will be seeing ‘£ / $' signs in their dreams just now:  'it's an ill wind that doesn't do someone some good' right enough.

It doesn’t look like tomorrow is going to be a ‘bike’ day;  Wednesday looks promising though.    Tomorrow is going to be a nice enough day ....  but too windy for me on the bike.








+-+

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....