Feeling playful ....


30th March 2020 (Monday)      07.30 .... It looks like we are going to have
Hmmmm ....an early morning shower.


a bonnie day of ‘sunny spells with the chance of a shower’ now and again.    I got caught in a shower when on the beach.... it wasn’t heavy  but it did bring an end to my morning walk.   My intention was to bike up to Elie for the paper but I changed my mind and will leave the biking until the air warms up and the threat of showers lessen.  




09.00     Having checked the ‘Bin Collection Calendar’ I see that the ‘Cooncil’ is not emptying the ‘waste paper (grey)’ bin until further notice.... so our next bin collection is on the 10th April and it’s the ‘bloo’ bin.   This Friday (3rd April) it was going to be the ‘grey bin’ but with that having been put on hold ...... nae bin collection at all this week.   I’ll have a ton of paper to be uplifted.... eventually.   You’d think the manufacturers of toilet rolls would need loads of waste paper to replace the toilet rolls stashed away by the panic buyers.   I’m assuming that toilet roll manufacturers are on the ‘Essential’ List.

16.00    I had a bike round Elie Estate this afternoon;  the original intention was to do the Balbuthie Loan Kinneuchar run but I forgot to charge the bike battery yesterday.    When I got back to Ivy there was a note in the door from the postie to say there was a parcel in the greenhouse.   I hadn’t ordered anything online so this parcel was a total surprise:  it was even a bigger surprise when I opened it.... a Selkirk Bannock, one of my most favourite ‘eats’, from Donald, who lives in the Borders.    Having just been out on the bike I was starvin’ so the ‘Bannock’ no longer looks as it does in the photograph.... two ploughman proportioned slices have been ‘pruned’ off it, spread with butter and devoured!    Thank You Donald!   I now have access to Selkirk Bannocks because they do online shopping.    Actually I’m wondering if ‘the Store' in Anstruther has them, they have a decent selection of quality Scottish goods.   Mind you this might not be the time to find out.
I had an enjoyable bike run ... everything appears to be where it should be; and I didn’t see anybody to avoid by two metres.   Stewart has been working by the loch-side again..... it’s beginning to look good with  new views of Kinneuchar kirk.



Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....