Quiet morning....


31st March 2020 (Tuesday)    07.00 .... It’s heavily overcast just now but
This says it all.
the forecast is good.    I’ve been for the paper and will go out on the bike about 11.00 after the sun has warmed the air up a bit.   It was warm in the sun yesterday and it should be the same today once the sun gets going.    My ‘plan’ is to do stuff in the garden, then the ‘Balbuthie run’ on the bike and take a few photos to ‘play’ with later.   Although it is overcast it isn’t cold at this time;  then again there’s only a light breeze so nae wind chill.   It's not the best of drying days but I have a washing going through the machine;  and there's a chance of showers in the morning.


The Toft - Elie.

19.30     I’ve had an enjoyable day even though we had fewer sunny spells so it was cool /cold most of the time.     I went round the villages on the bike then home by way of Balbuthie Loan and Kinneuchar:  I was of the thinking that I might be going beyond ‘local’ but I met other cyclists out for their exercise on the Balbuthie road and a couple were making for St Monans so Balbuthie is ‘local’ for the boy.   On the bike you are never near anyone and if you do meet another cyclist they are on the other side of the road.... and usually moving fast.    I enjoyed and needed the exercise.   I must admit that I am finding biking around the villages really pleasurable now that there’s hardly any cars on the move:  I miss talking to people but even the two metre ‘rool’ doesn’t stop that.    Having said that I don’t know most of the folk that I do meet  ....which is strange.   By this time next year we should be settling into the ‘new normal’.... whatever that is likely to be.

The washing I hung out this morning dried so I now have a wee ironing to do;   after I
'The Terrace' from the South Street end (West).
finish this update.    Tomorrow’s weather is forecast to be slightly warmer and sunnier than today so I should get out on the bike again.... and do some more work in the garden.   Not a lot of work, but enough to stop me feeling guilty.  Tonight I feel tired;  this calls for a small toddie before bedtime I’m thinkin’.   I’ve taken to having a shower in the evening instead of the morning for some strange reason;  probably because it helps me to get a good night’s rest.    Orf to have a cuppa before I have the shower!


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....