Frisky wind ....


15th March 2020 (Sunday)     09.00 .... There’s a frisky wind this
The view from 'my' (the East) gallery.
morning... and it’s a cold one but it’s a good drying wind and it's sunny so I’m doing a wee washing.   The ‘Master Plan’ for today is to sneak into the kirk and reclaim ‘my’ gallery .... and hope that the hymns are of the ‘laldie’ variety.   That’s at 11.00.   Until then I’m going to ...hang out the washing and work on the computer.   I read somewhere that there’s a suggestion we ‘over 70’s’ should self isolate:  that I am good at.   Must go slight ‘flap on’ .... need food.


10.00    The villages seem awfie busy this morning.... at least it looked that way when I was up in Elie for the paper.    It’s a nice enough day but the fresh wind does cool the air down a bit, so I’ll be well wrapped up for the kirk:  however it’s always warm, and there are few draughts up in the gallery.  
My favourite stained glass window in Elie.
The washing is flappin’ around on the line;   I do see some showers clouds hanging about so maybe the washing wasn’t my best idea.   Orf to have a cuppa and a glance through the paper.


13.00    I enjoyed the kirk, but the hymns, apart from the last one, were ... well not exactly of the laldie kind.    There was a reasonable turnout considering the Coronavirus situation.   The sermon was about roads;  in Fife we have to take evasive action on the roads due to the potholes.... but the sermon wasn't  about the roads if Fife:   anyway I don’t suppose potholes were much of a problem back then.    The sermon was thought provoking... only I was thinking the wrong thoughts.

The plan was to go to Crail in the afternoon but it’s a  bit windy and cold for Crail so I’m going to have a cuppa then go up to Robin Gray’s and have a wander up Balcarres Den.

17.30    It has been a lovely afternoon but going to Balcarres Den wasn’t as pleasurable as it normally is;  I was bitten by a dog.   I put my hand down to ‘speak’ to
The Den Burn - Balcarres.
it and it bit me.... so it’s my own fault.     I have three punctures which I have cleaned, applied Germoline and an Elastoplast and will phone the surgery tomorrow to see if I need an anti tetanus injection.   Apart from the dog incident it was an enjoyable if short walk;   I saw a Dipper using the burn which is a good sign.    That’s at least two places on the Den Burn we have Dippers.

I’ve had an enjoyable day.... in fact we have a bonnie evening though it is turning colder;  frost is forecast for early tomorrow morning.    No plan for tomorrow.... but it is forecast to be a nice but cold day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....